• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

First step in the right direction

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
In honor and through the inspiration of Katrina, I submitted an application last week to "Project Pathfinders" here in Estonia. It's a program for teenage boys and girls, 7th grade through 12 who are in danger to become a part of a risk group; becoming homeless, shunning school work, bad parent relations, criminal activity and prostitution.

I am very proud to say they have accepted my application and I have an interview on Tuesday with them. I have a long way to go to make better changes here, but this is a step in that direction.

I would also like to ask, if anyone knows of any other organizations (preferably US based) that helps teenage girls avoid the risk groups, please provide a link. I prefer US based organizations due to the fact the US has a lot of influence on the Estonian Government. I intend to begin lobbying for Estonia to provide better funding to programs like Pathfinders, and perhaps start even better programs.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
God bless you and your new direction in life. My wife is a MSW social worker who works with the mentally ill. I know first-hand (no, actually 2nd hand) what a challenging and self-sacrificing vocation social work is. I will ask her for help with resources, although her area is quite different. But for now here is this:
At-Risk Youth
I hope it is helpful.
Unity is about to compete his Master's degree in social work this month. He might be a good person to ask.