First real relationship

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by fragile, Oct 21, 2008.

1. fragile

fragile Registered Member

How long did your first real relationship last?

I don't mean "relationships" in kindergarten etc, but your first real, serious relationship. Did it last for years, did it end after six months or did it just last a couple of weeks, but it was the most intense relationship you've ever had?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008

2. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Two and a half years.
    I thought it was good at the time but I'm glad I'm not there now. :cool:

fragile likes this.
  3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i havnt had a "first" real relationship :(

(this post has to be 50 characters to this last sentence is pointless by the way)

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Just under a year,it ended over something stupid,we were both young,around 16.
    Then around 13 years later we got back in contact,got back together,fell in love with each other all over again.
    Her daughter was six at the time but had never really known her biological father,so i took on the roll of father,six years later and two more kids it unfortunately ended.

We are now best friends,and i think we always will be!.

RATTIE likes this.
  5. fragile

When I read this, I was so hoping you were still together. I know it's a stupid thing to say since you're not, but it just sounded like a love story from a movie or something.
    It's a shame when it doesn't last when you have such a history and especially when you have kids. Glad to hear that you're still friends though. :)

6. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Yeah apart from the final outcome it could have been a love story,hell for six years it was,i cant remember a single time that we had a major argument!.

I guess time took its toll on us and the love went from passionate to that of a friend,on both sides.
    She ended it two weeks before christmas,we did try once more,but i think it was out of hope we could rekindle the past,but our time had come to an end.

fragile likes this.
  7. fragile

At least it sounds like it was more of a mutual agreement from both sides. It's still a shame though, I mean, six years is a long time. You also tried to make it work once more, and what more can you do. You did an effort, and you knew when to stop. Sometimes trying to repair a relationship only makes it worse. Again, it's good that you're still friends, especially because of the children.

wolfheart likes this.
  8. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

My first real relationship has been going on for about 6 1/2 years. It will be 7 in Feb.

RATTIE likes this.
  9. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Four years. No sex, just making out. Her name was Noelia and she was a Puerto Rican hottie. My mother didn't like her but I didn't care. She was my girlfriend from 14 to 16 and to this day I love her to death. I still think about her as she exposed me to a lot of things I love to this day.

10. LadyPinky

LadyPinky scientia potestas est

2 and half years. Before that I dated a guy for 5 months but it was nothing like the one I was in for 2 and half years. I really thought he was the one but now that I look back on it I'm glad I'm single right now.