• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 First PS game you ever played?

dk_rare

Registered Member
What was the first Playstation game you ever played? For me it was a Tekken game, I think, or it could have been a demo disc. Or a Tekken demo :lol: In any case I no likied, I had already been spoilt on the delights of early n64 glory... no amount of playstation could compare to that.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
It was a demo disk. Particularly, the first game on that demo disk was some sort of game where a bunch of cubes would be rolling towards you and you had to avoid them or something... it was way too long ago to remember, and I didn't pay much attention to it either.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i remember that game, i forget what it's called though but i enjoyed playing it.

the first PS game i bought was FF7, i bought into the hype. but i think the first game i played was Pa Rappa The Rapper and thought it was awesome [ although Um Jammer Lammy is way better ].

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
My first was Tekken too, I think. I remember the game was too disorienting. I really didn't like playstation, from the start. The controller alone feels too awkward. It's not even comfort fit to your hand, it's just this little pointy little thing with all these buttons and sticks and doo-dads and dick-thingies.... :-/

No offense

dk_rare

Registered Member
The graphics did look like someone vomited on the screen, yes. It is a shame that it took so long and that so few games came out with solid, clear visuals.

I sort of remember a cube game, is it Devil Dice or summat?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
First Playstation game I played was Gran Turismo 2. That's really the only reason I even bought a PS. I only have a couple other games for it.

Wrecked

Registered Member
dk_rare said:
I sort of remember a cube game, is it Devil Dice or summat?
no, that game came way later. it was something like "I Cubed" or "IQ" or something like that.

you played as a person on some grid, and there was blocks tumbling toward you. and you had to change the floors colors or you'd get smushed.

yooperchick

Registered Member
The first game I played was Crash. It was on a friend's Playstation. I remember thinking how cool it was to be able to do so many things cause of all the extra buttons.

Teorropy

I use to play Tekken on the PS quiet a bit. It was one of the first fighting games I ever played besides the first Mortal Kombat on NES. It was a great game.