First night you were demoted to the couch?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So guys, and even gals, when was the first time you volunteered/had to sleep on the couch because of a fight? I thought of this topic at two in the morning after I had been demoted to the couch.

We had a fight about trust issues and apparent selfishness on my end and I'm on the couch tonight. I made the mistake of checking her texts and read a "plant" that her and a friend had set to give me a lesson. I made the mistake of reading her texts and mistrusting her for the content of the message (it had said a doc's appt. for the baby wasn't a blood test but an ultrasound, and I want to be there for the ultrasound). The worst part is that I actually do trust her and only asked her about the message without making an accusation; I didn't realize that I was still admitting mistrust. Stupid me. I didn't even know that I wasn't trusting her.

Point being, though, that I'm sleeping on the couch tonight for the first time. We've been officially married for three months. What is your story/time frame?

Monroe

Registered Member
During fights ill demote myself to the couch sometimes. The boyfriend wouldn't mind if I came to bed, but I like to be alone if its a really bad fight...I can't stand being near him.

Our fights don't last long, so for the time frame, its usually the one night. Sometimes ill wake up and realize that he's carried me back to bed, which is nice, but sometimes I like the time to cool off, even if I've forgiven him or im not even mad anymore.

I hope everything works out for you. Its too bad you've been demoted. Not fun. You'll work things out. The fight seems more like a misunderstanding than anything, although going through her texts isn't very cool. But then again, she has nothing to hide, right? But I guess its the principle.

Good luck to you! Hope you have a hide-a-bed.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
So guys, and even gals, when was the first time you volunteered/had to sleep on the couch because of a fight? I thought of this topic at two in the morning after I had been demoted to the couch.............
Point being, though, that I'm sleeping on the couch tonight for the first time. We've been officially married for three months. What is your story/time frame?
Me and the Mrs. have been married for over 20 years, and the only time we've ever slept apart was when one of us was out of town. But neither of us has ever slept on the couch.
One rule in our home. "Never go to bed angry. Always settle the argument, one way or the other, before you go to bed."

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't get demoted, I demote my partner. :lol:
We do have weird sleeping arrangements not related to fighting but practicality, so there's no need for demotion of some sort these days.