• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

First female Army Rangers

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
aahhahah What a pubescent attempt to put down one of your numerous betters.
You came up one s short. It's unnecessarily .

I'm very satisfied living a culture where women are a gender to be protected.

I'm very proud my son would have this concern. Thankfully it's not a quality that could easily be trained away.

To correctly comment on my comment unneccesarly must be stricken.
You're comment about male soldiers feeling protective of a female soldier has basis in truth however.
Oh no! I forgot an S. Better sign me up for the short bus!

Yes, there are women who do need to be protected, because honestly, I doubt they could handle themselves in a combat situation. However, these girls going into the military aren't that type of gal. Have you ever met a female soldier? Have you ever seen female mma fighters/kickboxers/karate masters etc? Body builders? Construction workers? All those ladies do these things because they are just as physically capable of doing it. You say its not good for them to be in the military because they'll distract the men. Yes, obviously that's a potential issue. The answer isn't to deny them, the answer is to educate the men moreso on how to have better control over their upbringing and impulses. Why should strong women be denied things because of weak men?

Rapier

V.I.P.
Can I ask you something Rapier? Why do you come to this site. You literally only come to pick fights with people and belittle everyone else. Even your profile pic and your quote are rude. So what do you get out of it exactly? Is your actual life so horrible that your only escape is going online to a place where everyone hates you, and making fun of everyone?
Is that the only way you can feel like a big man? You do know that every single member on this forum thinks you'r ea joke right? Like, that's pretty obvious. So what is it that you get out of coming here day after day?
Did you see the movie that had the line "I see dead people"? Who was among the "dumb people" the people the little boy saw? The protagonist. It's a self effacing pic.
As for this:
Some of you people should patent your posts and sell them as genius pills.
If the shoe fits being a cry baby won't help a lack of wit one whit

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love that all you took from that was that you didn't think I'd seen The Sixth Sense. Cute Rapier.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Oh no! I forgot an S. Better sign me up for the short bus!

Yes, there are women who do need to be protected, because honestly, I doubt they could handle themselves in a combat situation. However, these girls going into the military aren't that type of gal. Have you ever met a female soldier? Have you ever seen female mma fighters/kickboxers/karate masters etc? Body builders? Construction workers? All those ladies do these things because they are just as physically capable of doing it. You say its not good for them to be in the military because they'll distract the men. Yes, obviously that's a potential issue. The answer isn't to deny them, the answer is to educate the men moreso on how to have better control over their upbringing and impulses. Why should strong women be denied things because of weak men?
Racism is quite like sexism. If white/black people joined the military and only one race had to participate in combat would that be fair to the race that had to risk their lives in combat? Going further if the one race
had an enlistment long light duty chit how would that sit with the other race? Even further one race had a physical situation that would allow them to leave the military usually without
penalty or a general at worst if they chose to take that availability.

Rapier

V.I.P.
When you think about it, it's actually kind of stupid that they let men into police and military forces at all. It's pretty obvious that men can't actually do anything right, and almost all major screw ups are because of men. It would make much more sense if all forms of armed forces were women-only.
Of course you are forever on the money and I'm plain crass.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'd love it if you think that my post mocking how ridiculous you sound all the time was actually genuine.

Rapier

V.I.P.
That's a lotta love. You up to it or are you just flirting?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Racism is quite like sexism. If white/black people joined the military and only one race had to participate in combat would that be fair to the race that had to risk their lives in combat? Going further if the one race
had an enlistment long light duty chit how would that sit with the other race? Even further one race had a physical situation that would allow them to leave the military usually without
penalty or a general at worst if they chose to take that availability.
Who says that the females never see combat? Who says they're on light duty? Sure, they get sick leave when they get pregnant, but seriously, what serious military woman is going to get pregnant while serving in some other country? I mean, yah it can happen, but not enough for it even to be worth mentioning.

Once again though, none of this is a good reason to prevent them from joining. Sure they're obstacles/difficulties, but disallowing them to serve isn't the only answer.

Maybe I'm just not reading you correctly however. Could you give a paragraph with a hypothetical situation? Give me an example of what you think could go wrong. Maybe keep the diction at a more conversational level though, others might want to read the discussion too and no one is going to agree with you if they don't even know what you're saying :p

Rapier

V.I.P.
Who says that the females never see combat? Who says they're on light duty?
Racism is quite like sexism. If white/black people joined the military and only one race had to participate in combat would that be fair to the race that had to risk their lives in combat?

Stop reading from imaginary lines.

If white/black people joined the military and only one race participated in combat would that be fair to the race that had to risk their lives in combat?