• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

First female Army Rangers

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Two female soldiers are making history as the first women to graduate from the Army's Ranger School, reports CBS News national security correspondent David Martin.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/army-ranger-school-first-female-graduates-names-announced-thursday/

Way to go girls or should I say Rangers.

I think this is great, women should be allowed to try out for this, seals, etc, if they can't cut it then they can't, just like men.

Thoughts?

Rapier

V.I.P.
A waste of taxpayer money.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
So you think people being prepared to defend this country is a waste of taxpayer money. I can think of things that are a waste of taxpayer money but not that.

Rapier

V.I.P.
So you think people being prepared to defend this country is a waste of taxpayer money. I can think of things that are a waste of taxpayer money but not that.
Are they going to be assigned to full combat? No.
Do I want women in combat at all? No.
If my son were in combat with a woman would every fiber of his upbringing cause him to try to protect her? Yes.
And cause him risk that would not take place if it were a man. Yes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is your son in the military? I think if they were in a firefight they would be worried about their own butt. Besides men risk their lives all the time trying to save other men. What would be the difference? I tell you the difference if it were a woman they died trying to save you would blame women in combat for it.

Sounds like you are anti woman.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Sounds like you don't get it. In so many ways. I don't want women in combat. That's a man's job. If a woman trains for an elite combat group and isn't eligible for combat she's wasting money. Money that could go to helping disabled vets, their families and the families who have an American Flag in memory of their loved one.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I look for that to change and women will be in combat.

How is it a mans job only? Women are cops, CIA agents, they put their lives in danger all the time, how is this any different. If the Kurds looked at it that way then they wouldn't have enough fighters.

Rapier

V.I.P.
You seem to think that the dynamics of law enforcement agencies are accurately portrayed on TV. With women at the helm and in the field chomping at the bit to kick the ass of all comers. Snicker snicker.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Great news! It's good to see females joining the Rangers. Women have proven to be just as capable as men in any type of military or police role if they both go through the same training. No matter size or weight. So this is nice to see.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet the idiot driving the bus wishes he hadn't tried to molest a female Navy personnel. Can't remember what country it was, in the middle east, she broke his arm for it.