First Car

Discussion in 'Autos' started by MAgnum9987, May 20, 2010.

1. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

What was your first car? Where you one of the fortunate few to get it as a gift, or did you have to work your ass off for it? How did you like it?

Well, I'm looking to get my license in a few months, so I've just been toying with which car I would probably end up getting. Most likely some junky mitsubishi or honda. At the best, I'm looking at an old Toyota (hopefully a old Tacoma, they have a good amount of life in them).

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My first car was a 1990 ford tempo. got it for a buck as in $1! it ran fine, nothing wrong with it at all and got rid of it after i inherited my dad's car.

3. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

One Dollar? An American dollar? wow, how did that happen?

The closest anyone can come near to that is a 5$ raffle to win a BMW 6 series.... Of course, its 5X better. hahaha

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

A family friend just wanted to just give me the car but i guess the notary or someone said they couldn't just give the car away so they sold it to me for a buck.

5. Stegosaurus

Stegosaurus Registered Member

My first car was a 1992 Nissan Stanza XE. We got it for $500 bucks from a family friend, the stick-shift often slipped gears, and every once in a while the clutch would stick to the floor (often in the middle of intersections--that freaking sucked). I had a light-up skull shifter knob for the 5-speed. God, I loved that little piece of shit car. I beat the living hell out of it because it had about 200,000 miles on it and we knew it was just going to get donated or scrapped when I was done with it.

(CLICK)
    IMG_0834.jpg

6. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

My first car... okay, my dad says its not my car but "the family car that i drive while i am home" is a Subaru Forrester. My stepbrother named it the lesbomobile. I love it ^_^

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

My first car was a 2000 Pontiac Firebird. I loved that car, but unfortunate circumstances lead to my essentially HAVING to sell it. That sucked big time, but I wouldn't mind getting another one sometime in the future.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

1988 Pontiac Sunbird.

I worked my ass off for it...and basically worked just to drive with the car payment, insurance, gas, etc.

Also, that car was a piece of crap. It was always over heating and leaving me stranded.

SmilinSilhouette likes this.
  9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

1966 Mustang Convertible, 289 V8, burgandy w/black interior

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

1994 Toyota 4Runner

Bought it in 2002 for $4,000.00 flat, Then I paid another $2,000 for a new motor plus installation plus some other minor fixes to a mechanic that is a friend of the Families.

I loved that thing.