First Car

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
What was your first car? Where you one of the fortunate few to get it as a gift, or did you have to work your ass off for it? How did you like it?

Well, I'm looking to get my license in a few months, so I've just been toying with which car I would probably end up getting. Most likely some junky mitsubishi or honda. At the best, I'm looking at an old Toyota (hopefully a old Tacoma, they have a good amount of life in them).

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
My first car was a 1990 ford tempo. got it for a buck as in $1! it ran fine, nothing wrong with it at all and got rid of it after i inherited my dad's car.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
One Dollar? An American dollar? wow, how did that happen?

The closest anyone can come near to that is a 5$ raffle to win a BMW 6 series.... Of course, its 5X better. hahaha

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
One Dollar? An American dollar? wow, how did that happen?

The closest anyone can come near to that is a 5$ raffle to win a BMW 6 series.... Of course, its 5X better. hahaha
A family friend just wanted to just give me the car but i guess the notary or someone said they couldn't just give the car away so they sold it to me for a buck.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
My first car was a 1992 Nissan Stanza XE. We got it for $500 bucks from a family friend, the stick-shift often slipped gears, and every once in a while the clutch would stick to the floor (often in the middle of intersections--that freaking sucked). I had a light-up skull shifter knob for the 5-speed. God, I loved that little piece of shit car. I beat the living hell out of it because it had about 200,000 miles on it and we knew it was just going to get donated or scrapped when I was done with it.

(CLICK)
IMG_0834.jpg

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
My first car... okay, my dad says its not my car but "the family car that i drive while i am home" is a Subaru Forrester. My stepbrother named it the lesbomobile. I love it ^_^

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
My first car was a 2000 Pontiac Firebird. I loved that car, but unfortunate circumstances lead to my essentially HAVING to sell it. That sucked big time, but I wouldn't mind getting another one sometime in the future.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
1988 Pontiac Sunbird.

I worked my ass off for it...and basically worked just to drive with the car payment, insurance, gas, etc.

Also, that car was a piece of crap. It was always over heating and leaving me stranded.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
1994 Toyota 4Runner

Bought it in 2002 for $4,000.00 flat, Then I paid another $2,000 for a new motor plus installation plus some other minor fixes to a mechanic that is a friend of the Families.

I loved that thing.