First Big Scandal: Chinese Gymnasts Too Young

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Kazmarov, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-flumenbaum/scandal-of-the-ages-docum_b_118842.htm

2. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

I KNEW IT!!! they kept saying stuff about the girls being to young looking then someone said well the one that is hella old looks to young too so maybe they just look young but arent...... so america gets the gold?!!?

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is an interesting story. When I first saw them, I told myself, wow those girls look really young. One of them looked like she was 13 years old. Should be interesting to see what happens with this. This could be good news for the Americans, if they get disqualified.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Amazingly enough, the country the puts led in children's toys is also disingenuous in regards to sporting competition.

I'm amazed that China, which has worked for years to make sure these games go flawlessly, decided to sabotage their own image by cheating.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Yeah good for American gymnist but horrible for the olympics, I'd love to see one olympic without a scandal. Shows a lot about the "natural goodness" of humanity.

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I knew it all along as well and by knew it I mean I figured something was up. These Chinese gymnist are taken from their homes at early ages and trained and trained and trained.

This is no surprise and I'm not shocked the Chinese tried to cheat...this Olympic games is a big deal to them and they'll do whtever it takes,

Blueyes likes this.
  7. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Hahaha! Owned!

That has got to be fucking embarrassing...I hope there aren't any consequences!

8. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

There will be many consequences. Probably a fine and a stern talking to. Or maybe Bush will decide to nuke the ever fucking christ out of them. Who knows. But it would be fun to watch the second one go down. Me being toatally safe in a rural area.

Blueyes likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

If they find definitive proof the gold medals will be stripped, and it's well deserved if they cheated.

Blueyes likes this.
  10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How do the age rules work with the Chinese age system?

Legally in China you are 1 year old when you are born.