First Ballot HFers

Vegito728

Registered Member
What current players that are for sure HFers do you think will/should be first ballot HFers?

Frank Thomas: He's a part of the 500 hr club and has a career batting avg of .302. He also has won 2 MVP awards in 93-94. People also say in 94 he was good enough to win the triple crown if not for the players strike. He's a for sure a HFer but I think he should be a first ballot HFer.

Trevor Hoffman: He has the most saves in MLB history(549) and a career era of 2.79. Not to mention the countless awards he has won. I think he's a no doubter.

I will post more once this thread gets going.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There's a few pretty obvious ones. A-Rod (assuming he keeps up his production), Schilling, Randy Johnson, Greg Maddux, Griffey Jr., and Manny Ramirez.

BStreetBullies

Registered Member
Alex Rodriguez
Ken Griffey Jr.
Manny Ramirez
Albert Pujols
Ichiro Suzuki
Derek Jeter (Debateable)
Randy Johnson
Frank Thomas
Curt Schilling
Mariano Rivera
John Smoltz
Greg Maddux

These are all that I can think of at this moment.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tom Glavine
Ivan Rodriguez

That's all I can think of right now.

I have a few other players in mind but it's debatable if there sure in first ballot.

Here are the players that are debatable.

Chipper Jones
Carlos Delgado

Vegito728

Registered Member
Here are the players that are debatable.

Chipper Jones
Carlos Delgado
They're both HFers but I'd say Jones has a better shot at first ballot. If not for all the injuries he'd be a no doubter.

What about Jim Thome?
With over 500 career hrs he's definitely a HFer. I'm not sure about first ballot but he has a good chance.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
They're both HFers but I'd say Jones has a better shot at first ballot. If not for all the injuries he'd be a no doubter.

With over 500 career hrs he's definitely a HFer. I'm not sure about first ballot but he has a good chance.
Remember the days in which 500 homers = HOF automatically?

Boy has the game changed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess I should have rephrased that to read first ballot HOF...because it defintitely isnt like that anymore.