First auction pulled by ebay ha ha ha

cno2u

Registered Member
Well now how nifty ebay pulled one of my auctions ... great huh ... I can't even find it where I can revise it to relist or anything it's like it was never there ...err how irritating ...

The auction was for a security camera made for your home or business ... supposedly it was pulled due to the fact that it came with a built in mic ... here was what ebay said .... :lol:

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

5789737909 - WIRELESS_COLOR_NIGHT_VISION_VIDEO_CAMERA_WITH_MIC_N/R

However, your listing(s) violates eBay's Electronics policy and has been
removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by
eBay policy are not allowed on eBay. We have credited all associated fees to
your account and notified eBay users associated with the transaction that it has
been cancelled.

eBay does not permit the sale of products that are designed primarily to record
the private oral, wire or electronic conversations of others without their
knowledge or permission. These small, easily hidden transmitting devices are
illegal to possess or sell under Title 18, United States Code Section 2512, and
their use also violates the law in many states and countries.For more
information on Electronics visit the following Help page:

Thought you all might want to know how nice of them huh? lol

Christena

TGirl

Registered Member
uggggggggggggggg they are on a roll today huh?

I can't believe that its a security camara for heaven sakessssssssssssssssssss

Relist it and say it comes with a huge sign that says "IF YOU BREAK INTO MY HOUSE YOU WILL BE RECORDED BY VIDEO AND MIC"

hahahah if you tell them then its not breaking the law!!

Last edited:

cno2u

Registered Member
I did tell them ... I listed like an ad ... it was along the lines of ...
Do you live alone?
Do you want better security ?
blah blah blah .... if you answered yes to any of these questions then this auction is for you ... blah blah blah ... this is a camer with built in mic ... blah blah blah ... and then I listed the features ect. and noted again that you can not only record the criminals but also hear them brag about their crimes and that is was great for any home or business. That's why it was pulled because it has a mic on it ... probably some crook didn't want it being sold if the truth be known lol

Nanner

Registered Member
That's BS! I've, just last week, put "Nanny Cam" in eBay search and unless they cancelled all of them there are quite a few out there! Granted not all had mic's but quite a few did! (Also searched variations of this...like security camera etc)

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
when I was in Phoenix, WALMART had a mini security cam WITH a mic in it for sale... $78 if you must know. So apparently it's not illegal to own it everywhere.

I do know, that video is submissible in court, but audio without a warrant is not. It's wire tapping, so I understand what they are attempting to do.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all. Actualy is is legal..It all depends on your states legislature and local laws. But here in Denver I can record you without your knowlage and It's allowed in court..Difrent stases have difrent laws..Just goes to show you Big Brother is everywhere...

~Night~

cno2u

Registered Member
Well I think we all remember monica and bill and they let it be permissable in court! As my understanding as long as one party knows that a conversation is being recorded it's okay. This is an outdoor security camera day/night in color and it has a built in mic ... so how could I relist it and be able to sell it? Now that ebay was so kind to tell me I couldn't?

Nanner

Registered Member
cno2u said:
Well I think we all remember monica and bill and they let it be permissable in court! As my understanding as long as one party knows that a conversation is being recorded it's okay. This is an outdoor security camera day/night in color and it has a built in mic ... so how could I relist it and be able to sell it? Now that ebay was so kind to tell me I couldn't?

Hmmmm could you sell it as a video and "throwing in for free audio"? Or something like that?

Ahhh so if this is so illegal how come there are a zillion shows on television with just this kind of thing on them? Police, stores etc.

cno2u

Registered Member
I dunno that's my point I mean I saw like at least 10 or more people selling something similar it has me bumfuzzled ... I just want to know how I can list it without it being pulled again?