Firefox vs. I.E

Discussion in 'Computers' started by SegaGuy-HPA-Italy, Jul 20, 2010.

1. SegaGuy-HPA-Italy

SegaGuy-HPA-Italy Registered Member

I use both, I think firefox crashes a bit too much, but it's faster, and IE is slower, but more stable.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

IE is also a massive security risk while Firefox is way more stable, customizable, and faster. There is no debate here.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Don't we already have a I.E. or Firefox thread?

but anyways.. I.E. is a huge risk.. they were huge for that one update that had a virus that was crashing a bunch of computers..

I currently use Chrome, but use Firefox on occasion. I.E. gets used everyday also on this computer, just not by me.

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Since I've started using Firefox, I could never get myself to go back to IE. IE is slow and out-dated and lame by comparison. I am still forced to used IE at work, for what reason, I really don't know!

5. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

I hardly use I.E, I mostly use Chrome but, for General Forum, I use Firefox. I feel safer browsing in Mozilla’s Firefox than I do in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. Also, Firefox continues to be a favorite among tech-savvy users because of its speed, and it remains the toughest competitor that Microsoft faces in the browser arena.

6. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I use FireFox, Opera and Safari NOT Internet Explorer

7. Evil_SPock

Evil_SPock New Member

I only use Firefox at home and when ever I can, I find it to be faster and more stable than I.E. (It's just me Isn't it). At school I have to use I.E. :(but some times I get a computer with Chrome on it and I use that. I'm really happy with Chrome :)but it can't beat Firefox.:lol:

8. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I use FireFox as my primary internet browser. The first time I used IE on my new computer I ended up getting a virus from Facebook. FireFox all the way for me.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

TOday I downloaded the latest version of IE [9]. It's very beautiful but still it's not faster than FF. Also, it doesn't have the option of opening the last tabs that were working before closing the browser. FF has a lot more options and costumazations than IE.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I use Firefox... but I just downloaded IE9 Beta... and so far I would have to say it's better then any other browser I've used.

If you have Windows 7 you can drop and pin websites to your task bar... it also has a cleaner look then some of it's predecessors.