• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Firefox Quantum is Now Live

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
So the newest version of Firefox is now live. I am a Chrome girl, but I was reading that the Quantum browser is 2x faster and, according to Mozilla's website, uses up to 30% less memory. If Firefox can offer me a better experience, I will gladly make the switch.

Do we have any dedicated Firefox fans here? Have you downloaded the new version of Quantum yet? What do you think?

Interis

Registered Member
Me, me! That explains why my Firefox looks so different today. I was away for a trip, so I didn't know until today. I didn't really feel any huge difference other than a sleek, modern design. My wi-fi connection is not that awesome, so maybe that's why. I was always a Firefox fan, but I also enjoyed using Chrome until it started going black so often lately.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I still have not downloaded it yet, but I want to update the Firefox version that I have and see if I like it better than Chrome. My computer really needs to be replaced, so it will be hard to say how much is the browser and how much is my hardware.

MissMe

Registered Member
I am using it right now! I can't say that I noticed it being any faster than normal but it does look a little different. I have not been online long today so I will have to come back later and let ya know if I find it faster.

Interis

Registered Member
It has been a few days and I don't notice any huge difference. I feel like the components of a webpage shows up faster (usually the images load later as long as the text appears). Maybe the browser downloaded them all before showing everything at once, so we feel like the page loaded faster. I also found a nice fall theme for the season, so I'll stick with Firefox for now.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was blazing fast for me (faster than Chrome) but I am so used to Chrome now that I don’t really want to switch. Especially since Chrome is constantly updating too and will no doubt catch up. For me, the productivity loss I would suffer switching browsers outweighs the speed benefits. And this is coming from a guy who used to swear by FireFox.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
It was blazing fast for me (faster than Chrome) but I am so used to Chrome now that I don’t really want to switch. Especially since Chrome is constantly updating too and will no doubt catch up. For me, the productivity loss I would suffer switching browsers outweighs the speed benefits. And this is coming from a guy who used to swear by FireFox.
I just updated to it two days ago. I was having some issues with Chrome and decided to give it a try. The difference was night and day. With that being said, I admit that I need a new computer, so I know my Chrome issues have a lot to do with that. So far I am really impressed, though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise Technology 13
EllyDicious Technology 1
sunrise Ideas & Support 3
IKnowKungRoo Ideas & Support 0
Wade8813 Ideas & Support 2