• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Firefox problem

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright so here's my issue with Firefox. It's definitely not an internet issue since Internet Explorer and yahoo messenger are working perfectly fine.

So Firefox works fine for a couple minutes and then it'll just stop working. Nothing loads at all. So when I close it down and try to open it again it says this...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

So I have to do a control + alt + delete to get rid of it and it works again but then the same thing happens. I've deleted cookies and uninstalled the problem and re-installed it.

So I'm not sure what to do haha

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Yeah I used to get that occasionally (well, still do now and then). Tell me, what version of FF are you using? And also are you using any themes or a skin? The themes used to cause hell for me so I'd reccommend taking them off if you use them.

Other than that it tends to be add-on problems for me. Have you downloaded any other add-ons for it recently?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Yeah this problem is a pain no doubt Millz as you clearly don't have it open! The only way I found to fix this was to go into your Firefox profile, cut your current profile out and go back into FF, this will then create a new profile and it should be fine.

If you are not sure how to find your profile this guide should help but if you have any difficulties by all means hola.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not sure what version it is. I would assume the most up to date since I just downloaded it. I have never added a skin or added anything on haha.

Just stopped working properly all of a sudden. So weird. I was wondering scratching the old one would work and re-installing would be the fix but we'll see.
------
Yeah this problem is a pain no doubt Millz as you clearly don't have it open! The only way I found to fix this was to go into your Firefox profile, cut your current profile out and go back into FF, this will then create a new profile and it should be fine.

If you are not sure how to find your profile this guide should help but if you have any difficulties by all means hola.
Hey thanks...

It doesn't look like I even have a profile, haha. When I tried it came up with no finds. I tried both ways and there's nothing there.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Hey thanks...

It doesn't look like I even have a profile, haha. When I tried it came up with no finds. I tried both ways and there's nothing there.
Odd there should be one there as it contains pretty much all about you. When you go into the Profiles folder is anything contained in there? Do you even have a Profile folder?

Ralli

Registered Member
old thread , but I will respond .. I have had issues lately with FF crashing on me .. both at home and at work ..

Today I updated it version 8.1 and it seems to be working ok ...

Try that ?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It just ended up resolving itself one day haha

I don't really know what happened when I was having all the issues but it worked itself out

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Old thread but I will respond. . . . . . .

Here is an image capture and there is a FF reset button that might help you. . . . . . .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IrishLass2247 Technology 6
sunrise Technology 13
EllyDicious Technology 1
G Computers 4
wolvergambit Technology 5