• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Firefox Issues

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
For some reason GF's posting function seems to be suddenly completely incompatible with my Firefox:
  • None of the buttons work
  • None of the editing shortcuts like ctrl-b or ctrl-i work
  • GF removes my line breaks
And when I go to make any edits, GF adds all of the html tags to my text.

Bold, Italics, Underline, [red]Color[/red], Hyperlink

This post is returned to me like this:

For some reason GF's posting function seems to be suddenly completely incompatible with my Firefox:<ul><li>None of the buttons work</li><li>None of the editing shortcuts like ctrl-b or ctrl-i work</li><li>GF removes my line breaks</li></ul>And when I go to make any edits, GF adds all of the html tags to my text.<br />
<br />
<b>Bold</b>, <i>Italics</i>, <u>Underline</u>, [red]Color[/red], <a href="http://www.generalforum.com/www.google.ca" target="_blank">Hyperlink</a>,

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I thoght I was the only one with these problems which have been around for many weeks, in my firefox. I thought it was some kind of virus that's why I didn't report the problem here. I'm not sure if this is related to the latest FF version.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Me too! I thought it was just my computer being strange and it didn't bother me enough to mention because it never stays like that for more than a day or so at a time.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just wanted to add that I have Firefox and haven't had this issue...don't know if that info can help, but I figured that it couldn't hurt.

Could it involve location, since I'm the only one in the U.S.?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have this issue with some posts, but not others. FF just recently released an update, and so maybe that was a bug introduced. Otherwise, I know brix has been tweaking things here and there so maybe he overtweaked something?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
This hasn't been a problem at all lately, btw.

Just thought I should say so.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Bump.

I was gonna make a thread on my own however I spotted this one.

I'm having serious Firefox + GF issues also. Now i cannot post from FF at all. No matter how large my entry is... after I hit submit everything is erased and I get the "Not enough characters" error.

i've had to begrudgingly use IE just to get my posts through.