Firefox Extensions

S

shakujou

Um... having problems...

When I try to install extensions it won't allow me to. It pops up with a message saying to enable it, and gives me a link to edit options. I don't see anything that allows me to "enable extensions," anywhere in the entire option box. They extensions don't even show up in my downloaded extension box. Which really sucks, because I'm trying to get switchproxy, and a few others.

Also, to make it so that this thread isn't completely wasted to like 3 posts giving me advice saying that I'm screwed, list out you plug-ins/extensions that you use, if you're a firefox user. I don't have any, because of this damn problem.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Which version of Firefox are you using? 1.5.0.1?

*NOTE* I'm not exactly a Firefox master, or an advanced user. I'll try to help you to the best of my ability.

N

Nestor

The only one I use is FoxyTunes, a plugin that accesses my music software (in my case, iTunes) and it auto-enables. I dislike adding extensions, themes, and plugins, because it uses system resources.

S

SOAD2k8

I LOVE using the Firefox Extensions. i use a Download Embedded Objects extension to download Flash movies, along with the BlackJapan theme.

If your extensions aren't working, click Extensions under Tools and see if they are installed correctly. That's all I can think of right now.

S

shakujou

Well, it's not showing that they're installed at all, just a few of the defaults. Just Talkback, and iSearch.

Yes, I am using 1.5.0.1. I meant to say that in my first post... but ya. >< Also... I'm running off of Windows 98 First Edition.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
iSearch? I haven't got that myself....only default one I got is TalkBack for when Firefox crashes.

I'm currently running User Agent Switcher (switches the browsers user agent to either IE 6, Netscape 4.8, or Opera 8.51) and Speegle Define (gives a spoken definition of a word).

Have you tried contacting Mozilla and asking for help? I've tried looking for a way to enable extentions and I can't find it either...

S

shakujou

iSearch came from when I originally downloaded 1.0.9.

I was hoping I didn't have to contact Mozilla... I don't like the "We're glad you enjoyed our product," response I get two weeks later...