FireFox Add-On Not Working Please Help

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ATARIGUY, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I downloaded and installed DuimShow add-on but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas ???

This add-on allows you to view images in the upper right corner while websites are loading which comes in handy if the website is taking a long time to load.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

My first guess would be to turn off any security programs on your computer that may be blocking such an add on.

Or you could try going to tools then add ons and try activating it if it isn't already activated.

Also I recall you running windows M.Em that's possibly the problem.

3. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

Well all the rest of my add-ons work so i am thinking it isn't that but of course I will check again to be sure.

It was activated but since it didn't wok I de-activated it but I will try again today.

That could be but I am wondering why that particular add-on is effected by Windows ME and not the rest of the add-ons I have ??

I have it set up to display selected images from my hard drive.
    ------
    Here is an image capture of the config screen of DuimShow with the way I have it configured.

[​IMG]
    ------
    Well after a few hours of searching and digging I found out that it is not compatible with Windows ME

So dDave's third theory is correct :thumbup:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008