FireFox 2 RC2 is out!

JohnR

Registered Member
Yes! Finally! About Time! I was ready to switch to another broswer because of all the space memory FireFox used up, I'm glad this has came out right in time. Its about time for a good FireFox update. I really been looking forward to it. FireFox is just an awesome web browser and can easily top Internet Explorer in my opinion.

- John Rice

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm still not a fan... I still use it, but I just checked right now and firefox.exe is using 1,045,012k of RAM..........

Yes, you saw that right. That's with only 2 windows open with 3 tabs open in each.. Very disturbing.. :(

jayadev

Registered Member
So, time for Firefox 2. I have also received the news of it's release and user comments also. It's a mixed response as of now. The common reaction seems to me about the speed. Firefox 2 is undoubtedly faster.

JohnR

Registered Member
Yes its faster and it uses less memory. That is a major plus. I LOVE FF RC 2 and I will continue using Firefox.

Penguin

Registered Member
Wow! Something must be wrong with your system, it seems. My firefox is taking up 227,620K -- with *21* tabs open! (and I am NOT using version 2, btw)