• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FireFox 2 RC2 is out!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I probably won't update to the new version for a little while. Probably when my firefox begins to bug me about updating.

JohnR

Registered Member
Yes! Finally! About Time! I was ready to switch to another broswer because of all the space memory FireFox used up, I'm glad this has came out right in time. Its about time for a good FireFox update. I really been looking forward to it. FireFox is just an awesome web browser and can easily top Internet Explorer in my opinion.

- John Rice

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm still not a fan... I still use it, but I just checked right now and firefox.exe is using 1,045,012k of RAM..........

Yes, you saw that right. That's with only 2 windows open with 3 tabs open in each.. Very disturbing.. :(

myessence

Registered Member
congratulation. I hope, firefox in the future.. better.. better.

JohnR

Registered Member
It will don't worry. I am sure their next release will drop some of the memory problems people have been having.

jayadev

Registered Member
So, time for Firefox 2. I have also received the news of it's release and user comments also. It's a mixed response as of now. The common reaction seems to me about the speed. Firefox 2 is undoubtedly faster.

JohnR

Registered Member
Yes its faster and it uses less memory. That is a major plus. I LOVE FF RC 2 and I will continue using Firefox.

Penguin

Registered Member
Wow! Something must be wrong with your system, it seems. My firefox is taking up 227,620K -- with *21* tabs open! (and I am NOT using version 2, btw)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IrishLass2247 Technology 6
sunrise Technology 13
EllyDicious Technology 1
sunrise Ideas & Support 3
IKnowKungRoo Ideas & Support 0