• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Firefly/ Serenity, anyone?

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
So, the one serious TV show that I really enjoy is Firefly. I am ashamed to admit that I was not with it from the beginning, but I am a HUGE fan now.

Discuss:
Your favorite character and why
Your favorite episode and why
Who are you most like?
Who do you dislike and why?
Firefly in everyday life.
------
Favorite Character: River.
Why: She is so interesting to watch and see her progress, and she is the lest predictable of all the characters. She has an interesting history, as so all of them, but I believe that she and Simon have the most interesting histories of all.

After River, I think I like Kaylee the best because she is the most fun, then Inara because I'd like to know what she went through with regards to Companion training.

Favorite Episode: Tie between Ariel, Objects in Space and Safe.

Why: All three of them give so much insight into the characters' relationships and how they all lived before they came onto Serenity.

I believe that I am most like Kaylee, but I don't do anything with machines.

I am the least like Book, even thought I am religious... i dont force it on anyone else, nor is it the center of my life.

My boyfriend also loves Firefly and Serenity, as do a great many of my friends and family.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That would be Mal. He's a badass, he's smart, and he does what he has to do when it needs to be done. I like River, too, but that was mostly because she's cute and she's a badass in the movie.

I think it would be Jaynestown. I like the idea of Jayne having his own town where people adore him. I forget why, though, I think its time to watch them all again.

Who are you most like?
I don't really know that I have a lot in common with any of the characters.

There really isn't anyone I dislike, but damn the Alliance are a bunch of assholes.

As far as what I think of the show, I love it. I think its a very clever show and it was very well written. I tend to think of it more as a mini-series that began and ended with a movie. I think it might be the only thing that I like from Wheadon (sp?), though.

Sephy

Forum Drifter

Probaby Mal. He's just a badass and I watch everything that Nathan Fillion is in. He's got such a way that you just want to keep watching to see what he does next. Other favorite character is Kaylee. Oh man the things I'd do to her... Also Jayne for comic relief. Damn he's funny.

Out Of Gas. The first time I watched my jaw was dropped the entire time. Terrific episode. Second would probably be Our Mrs. Reynolds. That episode just cracks me up.

Who are you most like?

I actually don't think I'm like any of them. Closest would maybe be Walsh but the most we share is our sense of humor.

I thought every character was well written and well acted. I didn't dislike any of them.

My favorite of Joss Whedon's work. We have four copies of the movie and two copies of the show. We also have the international movie poster framed in our living room. I watch the show at least 3 or 4 times a year, the movie probably about the same. Me and my roommate quote it alot. Especially the "special Hell" thing lol. Also, I say "HI-larious" all the time lol.

Last edited:

Easily-Amused

As far as what I think of the show, I love it. I think its a very clever show and it was very well written. I tend to think of it more as a mini-series that began and ended with a movie. I think it might be the only thing that I like from Wheadon (sp?), though.
*Weadon

how did it begin with the movie? I'm curious how you think that.

Doc

V.I.P.
The pilot was two hours, which is longer than most movies.

Easily-Amused

true.

you know that speech Simon gives? it starts with " I am very smart. went to the best medicad in osiris, top three percent in my class."
i did that speech for Drama and got full marks. I did it again for a summer program integrated with UCLA, and I now somehow have a 4.0 at UCLA haha

Doc

V.I.P.
Wow, 4.0 at UCLA. That's impressive, man. And you got there by someone's brilliant writing.

Easily-Amused

well technically i am not a student there [[ nor am i planning to be one... as much as it rocks, i have but a 3.4 at my current school ]], and i took a 5-credit class or something... temp student? whatever. but that monologue is a GREAT one. one of my favorites, to be sure.

Doc

V.I.P.
Come on guys, more of us have to like Firefly/Serenity?

Anyone?

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Your favorite character and why?
I don't have a fav character, It would have to be a tie between Mal and Enoura, okay so really, those two together. I just love the interaction between them.

Your favorite episode and why? Probably the one where they say how everyone came to be on the ship, I think it's Out of Gas. I also agree that Jaynestown is excellent, as well as a bunch more. I also like the one where Mal ends up in a duel.

Who are you most like? Enoura, cause why not (not really at all)

of the main people, no one

Firefly should be in everyone's everday life. Just such an excellent series and I'll admit, I still cry at the end of Serenity every time I watch it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnitaKnapp Bathroom Wall 18
Easily-Amused Movies & TV 2
Doc Bathroom Wall 6
Sephy Movies & TV 5
S Movies & TV 15