• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Firefighters smash new BMW to access fire hydrant

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
EAST BOSTON -- A man who ignored a fire hydrant put Boston firefighters at risk Wednesday night. The man who parked his new BMW in front of a fire hydrant slowed the battle to save East Boston homes.

As CBS Boston reports, firefighters were forced to smash the windows and thread the fire hose through the car.

Boston firefighters smash brand new BMW to access fire hydrant - CBS News
I think this is funny and I don't blame the firefighters at all for doing this, they have to keep the hose as straight as possible. Which they still had to bounce it away from the curb to get a kink out of the hose. Guess he thought he could park wherever he wanted. Maybe next time he will avoid parking close to a hydrant. It could have been much worse than two broken windows and a big dent not to mention a $100,00 fine.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Saw this doing rounds on Imgur for the last two-three days and it's obviously completely reasonable as to why they had to do it and it's illegal! What an inconsiderate prick!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Boston is the last place any emergency crew would accommodate an idiot like that.

I sadly doubt however that it will change how this person behaves behind the wheel.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they couldn't have accessed the hydrant in time and someone died in the fire I wonder if they would have charged him for manslaughter? The way I see it he got off easy.