• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fireball from space explodes over Russian city

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A suspected meteorite explosion has been recorded by citizens of the northern Russian city of Murmansk.
Multiple drivers with dashcams out on the streets of the 300,000-people city at 2.10am on Saturday noticed a bright blue trail speed across the night sky, then explode while still in the air.

Spectacular fireball from space explodes over Russian city (VIDEO)
It seems like meteorites, if that is what this was, picks on Russia. At least this time there were no injuries.

Has anyone ever witnessed something like this?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Not as epic as the one over Chelyabinsk but still really awesome. And its above freezing and no rain in Murmansk so they should find out soon if it was a meteorite or space debris. But thats so close to Plesetsk. I hope they dont have any when they test the new Angara rocket this summer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks Dr4Gon, that's a very likely source of the fireball. Russia seems like a magnet for them. They thought it might be space junk, which happens.