Firearms are prohibited.

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Dec 28, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

[​IMG]

This sign would be as silly as saying "Robbery is prohibited in this facility". It holds no legal water in most states and is only obeyed by people who aren't going to do harm.

Discuss...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It is a very stupid sign in my opinion. If someone wants to walk in with a gun, they're going to walk in with a gun.

..but let me ask you this, if it's concealed, how will they even know you have it? It's dumb.

3. pro2A

Well at least here in PA those signs hold no legal water and I still conceal. The only ones that hold legal water are ones on federal buildings. So ya I know what you mean. It's just as silly as the robbery one.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't realize those signs don't hold legal water. Interesting. Do you have any other info on that? My personal policy has generally been to avoid shopping at those places if possible. I know of one too many "incidents" that have gone down at such locations caused by people who weren't bothered by the signs... :shake:

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Here in Ohio, you can carry a conceal weapon as long as you have a permit to do so but when I go to stores around here, they have those signs posted at the door. So if the store is getting rob, you can say sorry, i left my gun in the car because you won't let me carry my weapon in here. :D

6. pro2A

The only one that holds legal water are ones posted on federal buildings. The ones on private property are moot. The most they can ask you to do it leave or they can call the police and cite you for trespassing.

I avoid places like this as well and will take my business elsewhere. There are place tho I do disregard the signs like parks and such. In PA and in most states unless there is a specific state law cited, the signs are not legal.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd say if that was outside a facility where the guards are allowed to use lethal force on people ignoring that sign, I'd say that's a good reason to obey it. This is not "gun free zone" type stupid, pro.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If concealed firearms are prohibited then there's a pretty good chance some robber or whoever is just gonna barge in there waving a pistol around. That's basically sending up a red flare saying "oh please rob me!"

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Why assume guns are only used to commit premeditated crimes? Most people could be goaded into drawing a gun and shooting someone down unlawfully, given the right circumstances, I should think. Crimes of passion, anyone?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008