Fire this morning!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'm the cool amateur footage guy ;) I was laying in bed this morning... it was like 7 o'clock. Fire station alarm goes off... a cop car goes by, then a fire truck. Nothing out of the ordinary as I'm used to it living 2 blocks from a fire station. I roll back over and go back to sleep. Then another truck goes by, then another, then another, then another etc... after about 10 trucks/sirens finally I was like... alright wtf is going on here? I look out the window and see flashing lights right at the corner. I come downstairs and turn the scanner on to see whats up. There was a house fire one block down from here. I grab the camera and my coat and head out to take a look. My neighbor is already checking it out. Mind you it's like 4F degrees outside -13F windchill... so it was a little icy... I got a little footage, but nothing interesting as the fire was down a block and I wasn't walking in a house coat and slippers in this cold.

Here is the video.

Fire Video by Brandon - MySpace Video

Blueyes

Registered Member
Aren't the videos supposed to be on the actual fire itself instead of the trucks? You'll never get that sold to the local news media lol

I'm not even gonna ask why you have a scanner in your house. Good quality on the footage though.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Wow, exiting stuff.
Not bad camera footage though :) considering it was starting to get icy and you had just woken up.
Im guessing they got the fire put out?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Well the trucks left, so I'm assuming they did. Like I said blueyes, wasn't gonna walk in this bitter cold. Screw that.
------
I'm not even gonna ask why you have a scanner in your house. Good quality on the footage though.
Well you did... I used to be part of the Fire/EMS station when I lived in Maryland. I just like having one around now.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thats pretty cool, I wish you took better footage of the fire, but it's understandable. Were you talking during this video? If so which one were you, at the end someone says " you'll be surprise how quickly it can get out control" was that you?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Nice work on the Fire report. Seeing that video makes me cold.
What a way to start your day.
------
Nice work on the Fire report. Seeing that video makes me cold.
What a way to start your day.

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Thats pretty cool, I wish you took better footage of the fire, but it's understandable. Were you talking during this video? If so which one were you, at the end someone says " you'll be surprise how quickly it can get out control" was that you?
Ya I was the one at the end. They can get out of control very quick. It was cold and I wanted to go back inside, that's why it was so short.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Aren't the videos supposed to be on the actual fire itself instead of the trucks? You'll never get that sold to the local news media lol

But the trucks are so cool! :hah:

I didnt have sound on this computer so I missed out on whether or not the video did.

Any idea on whether that was just a run of the mill kitchen fire?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
No clue. I drove by later to look for it and didn't see any charred houses. I'd assume it was a big fire due to the fact that they had trucks from townships two towns away...