Finland School Shooting Leaves 10 Dead

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

10 students are dead after a loser who claimed to hate humanity opened fire at a school in Finland. :mad:

Finland school shooting: Gun laws not tightened since Jokela massacre - Telegraph

The local police had questioned the guy just YESTERDAY about questionable YouTube videos he had posted, in which he filmed himself firing off guns.

He said he had planned this shooting since 2002. He shot himself in the head afterwards.

Finland school shooting: Gunman planned massacre for six years - Telegraph

Here is the guy who did it:

YouTube - finland school shooting youtube video 2 of 3

YouTube - Gunman Opens Fire at Finnish School, 9 Dead

:mad:

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

God, I saw this on the news. Its a shame police didn't do anything to try stop it after the youtube videos came out

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

whoops, looks like this one slipped thru all the "gun control" cracks...

Case and point again, signs and laws don't work.

4. Mirage

There wasn't much they could do. Did you watch that YouTube video of the guy? What about that video makes him NECESSARILY dangerous?

Unless Finland has a law against posting videos of you shooting a firearm.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

First video has been removed from youtube. Based on the second, it seems there was not enough legal grounds to hold the guy simply based on his shooting video.

6. Mirage

The first video wasn't violent really at all. It was just a guy standing in the middle of the screen, facing the right and shooting a .22 gun. He doesn't say anything and the video doesn't really scream killer at all.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wonder why was he questioned about it. They probably are wary of all posters of shooting videos now whether they look killer or not. :D

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Finland has the most relaxed "gun control" in Europe.
    You have to wait until you are 18 before getting a driving license yet can legally obtain a gun at the age of 15:confused:

These gun control cracks you talk of would be the police investigating; why he was posting threatening gun videos on youtube the day before? yet within the confines of the law and cultural normalities having little legal levarage to do anything about it. I dont think the question here is just to do with gun control but instead questions have to raised over gun culture in its entirety.
    ------
    Firing a gun and then walking to the camera and saying something along the lines of "you're going to pay!" I would consider disturbingly dangerous by intent.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
    agphoenix likes this.
  9. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

What with the world affairs standing where they are, internet interactions of any sort are being monitored a lot. But it's the World Wide Web...slipping the odd Youtube video or the day's posted Al-Qaeda newspaper claiming another attack [Bananas...you and I are, from this point on being scrutinized] is simple as hell.

I agree with Bananas about the fact that a video with that content should definitely be considered at least a potential threat. Millions of viewers on YouTube and not a single person brought up the question that there might just be tiny chance there's a guy going bonkers on screen?

Too busy watching Paris Hilton at work. Tsk! :mad:

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

What I really hate is how it seems that every time there's a school shooting the shooter always kills themselves.