Finisher Modifications

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
So I was thinking...Millz and his brother both hate MVP's Playmaker....

If you could add a finisher to a wrestler's current one (such as a wrestler like Orton getting a submission alternate, like Cena did with the STF or Taker with Hell's Gate), or if you could change someone's finisher, what would it be?

For example, giving Jack Swagger the Ankle Lock or changing Desmond Wolfe's "Tower of London" to a flying elbow.

Brainstorm and get creative! I'm curious what finishers people think would fit what wrestlers.

o-- Give Kane a full nealson hold
o-- Beth Phoenix was able to lift up CM Punk, so I take it she won't have a problem with most of the other divas. In that case, I'll give her a move where she puts her opponent on her back (back-to-back) and stretches them out for a submission.
o-- Maryse would get a firemans carry, or perhaps a powerbomb. I'm sick of WWE giving every single Diva a DDT as their first finisher and then progressing from there. Give them something else every once and awhile.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'd like to see:

Jack Swagger get the Ankle Lock

I'd switch The Miz back to the Reality Check (knee and neckbreaker combo, awesome move and different).

Santino should have ANY finisher...I know he does that comedic snake thing but he needs a real one. Maybe a high-flying one would be fun with him? Something like a top rope elbow.

Mark Henry should use the Bear Hug more often.

Edge used a modified figure four/sharpshooter variation for a while that ruled. I'd love to see him use that again.

I'd have Dolph Zigger continue his use of the Sleeper Hold and use it half of the time in matches.

These are the WWE changes I can think of at the moment, I'll add more and TNA ones eventually.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Wow some of your changes sound pretty sweet.

I'd give Swagger more lifting moves, such as his pump handle slam, or more rather a full nelson suplex.

I'd turn Cena into a more suplex oriented wrestler, not the german suplex. But the t bone suplex, the one arm suplex, the back suplex, so people can say that he has at least more than 3 moves lol.

For Kofi, I'd give him the 450 splash and the moonsault he'd do well with both anyways.

Shelton should go back to his t bone finisher, even though his current one is pretty cool too.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'd definitely change MVP's, the Playmaker is awful. Ideally i'd give him some sort of piledriver, maybe a package piledriver (you could call it "Most Vicious Piledriver" :p) but that's oviously never gonna happen. Wouldn't mind seeing him with some sort of cutter/stunner move.

I'd change Big Show's finisher. I HATE the finishing punch and i'm not a fan of the Camel Clutch. I liked when he used to do the Final Cut, i'd definitely bring that back.

For Kofi Kingston i'd definitely make the Ranhei his finisher, i love that move:

YouTube - Ranhei

He does it ok, but if he made it his main finisher and really worked on it, i'd love to see him get it as good as Madoka:

YouTube - Madoka's Ranhei

AWESOME move! :D I love the way it goes straight into a pin aswell.

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah man, the Playmaker sucks haha. I like the "drive by" though.

I want someone and I dont care who to use the Texas Cloverleaf finisher. In fact, I'd like to see more submission finishers. Cena and Undertaker are the only too who really get wins with submission moves. Jericho makes someone submit like 3 times a year. We need more of it because its an intangible to wrestlers. Undertaker getting that really helped his awesome.

Definitely keep having Ziggler use the sleeper.

I agree Santino just needs A finisher. Its sad he doesn't even have one yet.

I want someone and I dont care who to use the Texas Cloverleaf finisher. In fact, I'd like to see more submission finishers. Cena and Undertaker are the only too who really get wins with submission moves. Jericho makes someone submit like 3 times a year. We need more of it because its an intangible to wrestlers. Undertaker getting that really helped his awesome.
I agree, I love that move. Not sure who should use it though. I've noticed that submissions are pretty rare, kind of sad.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I'd definitely change MVP's, the Playmaker is awful. Ideally i'd give him some sort of piledriver, maybe a package piledriver (you could call it "Most Vicious Piledriver" :p) but that's oviously never gonna happen. Wouldn't mind seeing him with some sort of cutter/stunner move.

I'd change Big Show's finisher. I HATE the finishing punch and i'm not a fan of the Camel Clutch. I liked when he used to do the Final Cut, i'd definitely bring that back.

For Kofi Kingston i'd definitely make the Ranhei his finisher, i love that move:

YouTube - Ranhei

He does it ok, but if he made it his main finisher and really worked on it, i'd love to see him get it as good as Madoka:

YouTube - Madoka's Ranhei

AWESOME move! :D I love the way it goes straight into a pin aswell.
OMG...I forgot about that move, it's pretty cool haha.

Agreed with you guys on Santino as well, he needs a finisher badly lol.