• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Finding a gift for my husband

NellyBell

Registered Member
My husband always tells me he has "too much stuff" and not to buy him things. Maybe I should just listen and not do it, but I know he'll buy me something (even when I tell him not to), so I can't just do that. His hobbies are expensive ones, like surfing, and I wouldn't feel comfortable buying him a board without his say. Not to stereotype, but are there some gifts that all - or a lot - men enjoy? What kinds of gifts do you get the men in your life?

Impaired

Registered Member
If he doesn't want stuff, you can buy him a star (name it) or you can buy one yard of Scotland, which I believe makes you a Lord. How about a surfing trip?

NellyBell

Registered Member
Impaired, every single one of those ideas is amazing! I'm super intrigued by the yard in Scotland though. I had no idea that makes you a Lord. I'm looking into that now and you're absolutely right - it does. Now I have to do that. Although a surfing trip, in addition, would probably be a good idea. (Like I'm seriously buying a plot right now.)

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
My husband always tells me he has "too much stuff" and not to buy him things. Maybe I should just listen and not do it, but I know he'll buy me something (even when I tell him not to), so I can't just do that. His hobbies are expensive ones, like surfing, and I wouldn't feel comfortable buying him a board without his say. Not to stereotype, but are there some gifts that all - or a lot - men enjoy? What kinds of gifts do you get the men in your life?

Get yourself some sexy lingerie. That'll be a gift he'll enjoy. :D On a different note, perhaps a subscription to a TV channel that is focused on an interest of his (i.e. Cars, Tech, Sports, Action Movies, etc.)

Impaired

Registered Member
Impaired, every single one of those ideas is amazing! I'm super intrigued by the yard in Scotland though. I had no idea that makes you a Lord. I'm looking into that now and you're absolutely right - it does. Now I have to do that. Although a surfing trip, in addition, would probably be a good idea. (Like I'm seriously buying a plot right now.)
A friend of mine's wife bought him a lordship.

Become a Lord - Highland Titles

Pepper

Registered Member
Get yourself some sexy lingerie. That'll be a gift he'll enjoy. :D On a different note, perhaps a subscription to a TV channel that is focused on an interest of his (i.e. Cars, Tech, Sports, Action Movies, etc.)
This is an absolutely brilliant idea (I'm talking about the sexy lingerie)! It's personal, it's just for him, and I am sure he will love it and love you for it :)

Keri35

Registered Member
I wouldn't buy a surf board without him either. Sexy lingerie is a great idea. I was thinking of doing this same thing... I know some ladies get pictures (classy yet sexy) for their mates.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
Go with a Mancrateof some sort or a gift card and pay to have it encased in concrete. The gift itself doesn't really matter, beating the hell out of the concrete to get to the gift is what it's all about. One of the best gifts I've ever received.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Ahahaha @MiketheGrinder I mean, I know that's what presents are all about for me. Give me more concrete. But really, that's actually something my husband would LOVE. Thank you for sharing!

So guys, did the lordship thing, thought it was amazing and couldn't keep it a secret, and then my husband was 0% excited about it. I ended up transferring it over to our friends who were all about it.

I wish I could do something easy like lingerie but my husband is a strange bird and always talks crap about lingerie. He's more of a "Why pay money for something that's going to come off and is less effective than no clothes at all?" kind of guy. (I didn't know they existed before him.) Classy, sexy photos though are an idea, especially since he gets deployed and all that nonsense. A little late for this year, but definitely an idea to hold onto.