Finaly finished.!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all. Rember the little boxes I did a while back? Well here is another one.
This is a comic book storage box it holds 250 comic books.
This one took me a while to make. Do you think I should sell it? If so how much would you ask for it?

~Night~

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi iggy. Well it took 3 weeks to make. If you count all the time it took to cut all the comic pics out of all the mags. The box is 28(2ft4inches) inches long. 11 1/2 inches tall. And 8 inches wide..
Just trying to get something anything going to get some cash...

~Night~

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
WOW! That's alot of time ... decoupage comic book storage for the ultimate collector ;) Unless you are totally attached to it, sell it. Otherwise its just going to take up space and you'll stare at it occassionally and wonder if you should sell it :)

I would say list it!! what have you got to lose besides the listing fees? I know you put a lot of time into it, but time is basically free! Keep making and listing them, before you know it, you'll have a following waiting for the next one to be done, and willing to pay the big bucks for it!

BTW it looks great, did you use decoupage?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
angelspeak said:
BTW it looks great, did you use decoupage?
Hi. Thank you, and yes I did use decoupage glue and a poly coat as well..How much should the start price be??

(WIP)This is the other one I'm working on (a full sized footlocker).

~Night~

Last edited:

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
Hey Night, I have an idea for you. What if you TRULY made it OOAK, and made one of your creepy polymer characters for the top of it, like a flat backed creepy face, or maybe a handmade "lock" that was ghoulish or something. I think that'd make it ultra cool.. (not that it's not already). It at that point, would be something that ppl couldn't just do on their own.

WOW!!! Truly fantastic. This is out of my personal area of expertise, so as far as a starting price.....I'm really not sure. I'm sure there's no way to research similar items, because I've never seen anything like this.
You could always start the bidding low, this way noone gets scared of the price, and put a reserve on it.

Those are really impressive Night! Just remember, it takes time to get a following, so don't give up, keep making them!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
fairyquadmother said:
Hey Night, I have an idea for you. What if you TRULY made it OOAK, and made one of your creepy polymer characters for the top of it, like a flat backed creepy face, or maybe a handmade "lock" that was ghoulish or something. I think that'd make it ultra cool.. (not that it's not already). It at that point, would be something that ppl couldn't just do on their own.
Hi thank you for the lock idea. I like that..Now I have to figure out that part.LOL
And buy more polymer...

Angel, Thanks i will try to keep makeing these..I just trying to figure if the if there is any money to be made. Not lost..The last 4 I made only made me 1.80 profit..Cost 5.00 to make so actualy I made .80. I'm going to keep this up till I find the sweet spot,and make some cash..

~Night~