• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 Finally

After all these years, I finally started playing through Majora's Mask. I didn't get the game when it first came out because I was too focused on Perfect Dark. I finally picked the game up in November, and now that I've finished the 3 heart challenge in OoT, I've moved on to MM.

I haven't made much progress so far, I only just got the Ocarina of Time back and now I'm heading for the swamp. I hated playing as the Deku Scrub, I'm glad that's over.

It's weird how different the game is, but it's also refreshing. The 3 day time limit adds a lot of pressure, but I think that will wear off now that I've got the ocarina. I noticed that Link does some flips and stuff when he jumps now, I like that. I also like that the Zelda theme plays throughout Termina Field.

The game seems as well made as OoT, so I'm looking forward to playing through it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's a fun game. I think you'll enjoy it. I still need to finish the file I started last month. It kinda got put on hold for a while because of Christmas and I haven't played since. I think I only have one dungeon left, so I'm pretty close. I'll finish it up after I finish the Ocarina of Time challenge. MM is definitely a lot harder than OoT.

Yeah, well, I had fun at the start, but upon heading into the swamp area, everything went downhill. I got really frustrated at the Deku Palace trying to fly to all the platforms. One mistake and you had to do it all over again. I eventually got through it and saved right outside of the Woodfall Temple, but apparently something went wrong there because the next time I played I was back in town.

I buckled down and went through everything again, and then pushed onward and beat the temple. I saved and then tried the Deku Palace race, where you follow one of the Deku Scrubs through the tunnels. Lost, got annoyed, and shut the game off. I turned it back on and I was back in town again, and without any items. I have to do the palace and temple all over again.

That was a few weeks ago. The game has been sitting on my shelf since.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You should try to get back into it, it's a great game. You lost your progress because you saved at an owl statue and restarted and shut the game off without saving again. When you restart from an owl statue your save gets erased, so you have to either save at another owl statue or use the Song of Time, otherwise you'll lose everything you did since the last time you saved using the Song of Time. I probably made it sound way more confusing than it is.

Indeed you did. I understand the whole owl statue thing now, but it's stupid. I should still be able to continue from there if my play is interrupted, whether it's due to me turning the game off or whatever. Saving with the Song of Time and being transported back to town is annoying.

Also, I've got a question. After I had talked to the scarecrow at the observatory, he taught me those two variations of the Song of Time (inverted and double time), but they doesn't show up in my songs menu. Is that normal?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, that's normal. You don't even have to "learn" them. You can start a new game and you'll be able to play them without even talking to the scarecrow.

Joshua

You didn't really leave any space for people to concure. But anway, I have played through it until clock town, I got a free online guide for it, But I'm very confused at it!:shake:

Wrecked

Registered Member
i started playing MM when i got the Zelda Collectors Disc for Gamecube.

i got up to the water temple i believe, but got bored and stopped playing.

i hate playing water levels in Zelda games cause they're so slow. also got annoyed by the repetitivness.