• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Finally a Sports Movie Spoof!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow I didn't know what to expect when watching this trailer:

Apple - Trailers - The Comebacks - Large

I have to say it looks pretty good. Looks a lot funnier than the scary movie spoofs. It spoofs a LOT of sports movies including a scene from Dodgeball... just watch the trailer, you'll see.

Gotta love the Mark Wahlberg lookalike too!

:D

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
Wow, this looks like it will be a pretty funny movie. It will probably be way better than Dodgeball.

dmny500

Registered Member
I saw some previews for that it it looks really funny. I think I'm gonna go see it when it hits theaters for some good laughs. They do have some spoofs of some more serious movies though that some may find tasteless it seems.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You mean like serious sports movies? I agree, spoofing serious movies, where somebody dies, etc, is tasteless.

I still doubt this movie can avoid a Chariots of Fire spoof or Hoosiers. Those are classics. There are a few others that probably shouldn't be spoofed but will unfortunately. I probably won't actually see this movie in theaters. I generally stick to action only in theaters. I figure comedy is just as funny on a small screen. :)

dmny500

Registered Member
I haven't seen it because unless my girlfriend wants to go to the movies I just use netflix. I'm sure it will be funny but those types of movies in my opinion aren't worth the $10 a person. If anyone has seen it though I would love to hear if it was actually good or not.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Haha, ya it looks like it will be great. I'll have to get it when it comes out on DVD. Of course that like over a year at least.