• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 Final Fantasy

Danitude

Registered Member
Final Fantasy on PS. WOW. They total revolutionized Final Fantasy w/ Playstation. Though I can say that I honetly stopped at Final Fantasy 9. Wonderful game. I bought it at E.B. Games. I beat it in like a month. But after the ending FMV the credits started to roll and it started skipping. I was upset. Thankfully I was able to switch it out. Though I had to switch it out twice. The fourth disc stopped after Vivi's letter. I probably spent over two days on that game. Good times though.

><>
Danitude

Sparda

i love them all
the best one i think is number 9

Spinlock

Registered Member
I started playing VII again... I hate having to hold a button to run, but I'm getting used to it. I might even get off the first disk one of these days.

Sparda

I started playing VII again... I hate having to hold a button to run, but I'm getting used to it. I might even get off the first disk one of these days.
man you are so lucky not every one has VII:shake:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have VII through X. I really wish there was a way to play XI without paying to play online.

Spinlock

Registered Member
It actually belongs to my college room-mate. If I ever get reasonably out of debt, I'll likely track down a copy of VII... although, as I told some friends of mine, if VII was a launch title for the PS3, I'd run right out and put myself back in debt to have it. And stop playing the PS version, conveniently enough.

Thermal

Registered Member
I've played all the Final Fantasy at one time or another. I got hooked with the original on the NES, and been playing them ever since (even though I don't like the latter versions). Final Fantasy VI was my favorite, both the cast of characters and the story.

PS3 is suppose to get two: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy vXIII. Squaresoft Enix has been quiet about something, and people think that it might be that their going to finally confirm a rerelease of FFVII.

Evangelicum

Registered Member
My first encounter with Final Fantasy was a few summers ago when I borrowed my boyfriends PS2 and played FFVI. It was my first time ever playing a RPG-game (except from Zelda games, etc) and well I just LOVED it. I have now become obsessed with RPG games and luckily I got a chipped PS for xmas that year so now I have some really nice games. :)

The second one which I played was FFIX and I must say that it is probably my favourite FF game, at least together with FFVI. I love how the graphics are made. It is very cute :)

I've also played FF VII and it was kind all right but I didn't like FFXIII and FFX.

viLky

ykLiv
Beaten:
-- FF1
-- FF2
-- FF3 (FF6 Japan)
-- FF7
-- FF8
-- FF9
-- FF10
-- FF12

Not all of them include the super bosses. I believe I didn't finish Omega Weapons from FF8, Ozma from FF9 Yizaha (spelling?) from FF12.

Final Fantasy has always offered fun game play throughout the years and even with the likes of Final Fantasy X-2 I hope this doesn't have SquareEnix to NOT release a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Of course, after seeing Final Fantasy: Advent Children, I kind of don't want a remake. Err.... Hmm... Nonetheless, a fantastic series!