• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 Final Fantasy

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Who all here beat every one on the PS1? I remember playing one of the Final Fantasy on a friends PS1 and got to the third disc, put in the disc to continue my journy....and it was scratched to heck:mad:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've beaten all three of the PS1 Final Fantasy games, Very good stories, IX was my favorite.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Well, I was just reading about how Square-Enix is keeping quite about what upcoming console they are going to support. The last time they were quite was when they jumped ship from Nintendo to Sony. Here hoping that they jump back to Nintendo.:nod:

Also read that the PS3 is going to be around 3-400 dollars and will take a hit from the prices. Sees as if they know that they have to compete with Xbox 360 and the rev prices are speculated to be 200dollars.

But anyways, back to Final Fantasy.

How long did they take you to complete? I have never really finished and RPG, however I am getting close to finishing both Baten Katos and Tales of Symphonia.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It depends. On FFVIII alone the final boss took me well over an hour and a half, and I did it on my first shot. I guess there's about 40-100 hours of gaming depending on how much you want to get done and what kind of leveling you want to do.

Rayzn

Registered Member
I never really got into the series. I had everyone that came out but I might of only played it a few times. It was my brothers job to beat it. ;)

dk_rare

Registered Member
I don't think I have ever finished a playstation game with the exception of Biohazard Gun Survivor, Silent Hill and Tomb Raider 1. Actually, that is quite a few games, I guess.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I own Origins, VII, VIII, and IX. I'm the farthest in VII, next farthest in Origins on the original Final Fantasy, and the rest I've yet to play because I've got too much Final Fantasy on my mind and I don't want to confuse myself. However, I got my VII used and the first disk stops working at a certain FMV, so I can't really do anything on it till I can play with a different first disk.

Spinlock

Registered Member
I beat IX, and am now working on VIII (when I find the time.) Started on VII, but it was borrowed and I couldn't stand the lack of running.

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
In FF7, you could run if you held down circle while walking or something.
I started playing FF7, but I got stuck and frustrated on the part where Yuffie steals all your matreria then hides in her home village and you have to find here. Truly awesome game, though.