• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Final Fantasy VII Remake?!

• Thread starter kajin_phoenixlord
  • Start date
S

shakujou

I couldn't pull up an exact articale anymore, but I'm fairly sure they denied a remake of the game. The Tech Demo was just that, a tech demo.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya it was just a demo. But I have heard a lot of rumors about it coming out for the PS2.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Yeah, we all know that the tech demo got damn near everyone over-excited. It's just now since Nomura sees how successful Advent Children was and what not he at least now considers it an option. All I'm saying is that it may happen giving a whim of opportunity.

S

SOAD2k8

You got to remember that it was all pre-reendered, too. It's not necessarily anywhere close to what the actual game would look like.

K

Keyblade Wielder

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly when it was supposed to come out? I know it probably won't be out until later this year, but does anyone know exactly when?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Keyblade Wielder said:
I was wondering if anyone knew exactly when it was supposed to come out? I know it probably won't be out until later this year, but does anyone know exactly when?
If you're talking about an FF7 remake: Doomsday. No one knows when or even if it will come out
Dirge of Cerberus: Gamespot lists it as Q3 '06, so later this year.

D

Dranigus

They are probably going to change a bit of the story in sense that you can save Aeris and have alternate endings.

This really wouldn't change the storyline at all. It would just allow more freedom for you to change it if you want to. Like if you want to save Aeris or if you want to allow her to die.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Dranigus said:
They are probably going to change a bit of the story in sense that you can save Aeris and have alternate endings.

This really wouldn't change the storyline at all. It would just allow more freedom for you to change it if you want to. Like if you want to save Aeris or if you want to allow her to die.
I think that would be lame and it would take a hell of a lot longer to make the game because they would need several months to rework some plotlines and fix it in case she lives. Her death was one of the greatest emotional moments in gaming and people are so far in denial that they want her back in the game.

D

Dranigus

Well your opinion is lame.

And even though it does take a long amount of time its generally the thing Square-Enix does.

M

Masakado

Yea bringing Aeris back to life wouldn't be too good. That would also make Advent Children seem kinda weird.