• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Final Fantasy VII Remake?!

• Thread starter kajin_phoenixlord
  • Start date
K

kajin_phoenixlord

Well, we've all heard speculation of a possible remake of the original Final Fantasy VII game. Although nothing is confirmed yet, an interview with Japanese publication Dengeki PS producer Yoshinori Kitase and character designer Tetsuya Nomura kinda gave wind of it being a possibilty. From what I understand from the expectancy of Dirge of Cerberus and the success of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, it makes this quite a possibility.

Source Article
http://bluelaguna.net/news/6165/square-enix-talks-present-future-and-final-fantasy-7-remake.php

S

SOAD2k8

I heard about this a while ago. I think that after FFXII it just might happen

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The only downside is it would take at least 3 years. The PS3 tech demo took them a couple of months alone. They'd have to hire a lot of people.

M

Masakado

yea, that would be great. I wouldn't mind just playing the original with better graphics, lol. If they do make it, I hope they don't screw up the storyline or anything.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
I guarantee they won't screw up story lines at all. Yoshinori Kitase knows better. He knows his fans love originality to be kept. Though, I must say, they did a bad job on FF X-2. This better not dissappoint.

I know for a fact though, that if they DO do it, that it will have a TON of extras. Hopefully a full movie of all the animations from the original. I love taping them myself and then watching them. It's like the best moments in the game. I have done it with FF VIII so far only. It's just so hard to remember when they come up. *le sigh*

S

SOAD2k8

Masakado said:
yea, that would be great. I wouldn't mind just playing the original with better graphics, lol. If they do make it, I hope they don't screw up the storyline or anything.
That is pretty much all that it would be, really.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya I hope they do come out with a remake. Even though they are saying PS2 not PS3.

M

Masakado

[IS said:
SOAD2k8 ]
That is pretty much all that it would be, really.
Sounds good to me, lol.

Though I think they should add the Advent Children timeline or the Last Order one just for kicks :)

Sephy

Forum Drifter
First, the demo they made was just for show. I wouldn't count on a remake, even though it would be awesome.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sephy said:
First, the demo they made was just for show. I wouldn't count on a remake, even though it would be awesome.
It was for show, but it is what they would aim for if they remade it, so it is certainly relevant.They would have to remake the FMVs to the power of the PS3 and that's what they did and it took several months. Granted, the process may have been shortened to a month or a few weeks if they had more people work on it, but it would still take awhile.They have denied a remake for quite some time now.