Final Fantasy VII Remake Supposedly Hinted At

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Merc, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nomura hints at Final Fantasy VII remake - GAMER.BLORGE

I'd jizz in my pants if they remade 7.

2. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Lol it would be awesome. Although i might see that it will end up being a nitendo DS game or a Dragon Quest ^^

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Surely that's what he meant by it. I can't see anything else that would be so highly anticipated and requested. I would also cream myself if VII was to be remade. Then cream myself again after i saw the trailer. Then again actually playing the game.... :p

I don't have any next generation consoles at the moment but i would get one if this was available to buy. That's how much i'd love to play it. Hopefully they don't mess with it too much! I just want to see things upgraded and things added on. I can't think of anything i'd like to see taken out.

4. Merc

I'd be so pissed if that's what happened.

Ten bucks says it will be something like, "Available now, only on PSPGo!"

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

you can get VII on the play station network as it is.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Kingdom Hearts 3...

That's also what a number of people on The Escapist think he could also be hinting at.

7. Merc

Yes, I know. I have it.

I'm just saying ten bucks says they'll fuck it up like that but I'd like to dream that they would take the response they got from the Final Fantasy VII tech demo for PS3 along with the last ten years of begging from fans into consideration.
    ------
    That would be a massive disappointment, won't lie.

I still don't get what Square is waiting for to be honest with you. Every year that passes, the FF7 remake will make less money as people move on. They've had such a massive following of FF fans who are flat out crying for a remake and so far all we've gotten is two shitty spin offs and an extremely shitty Mana series reboot.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I use to want a remake until I started seeing Hollywood do remakes with movies. Then, after I saw those remakes I changed my position on wanting a FF7 remake. Yeah, no, I don't.

Back then we got FF7 how it was, how it was created, how the characters developed, ect... But now? Each fan is expecting something different whether it be the graphics, new mechanics, long and more thought out plot, everything! That, along with trying to top the original in which I don't think can be done.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. It might actually turn out good. Maybe as good as Karate Kid remake. woot? =P

9. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

Me and my friend have been talking about this non-stop at work for the past couple of days. We both are in agreement that it is a FFVII remake. KH3 we believe is one of the other games SE has up their sleeves for the coming year as well but we don't think it quite fits the criteria of all that Tetsuya stated in his interview.

10. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

So, is GF suddenly filled with Final Fantasy fans...or just FFVII?