GameBoy Advance Final Fantasy IV Advance

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SamusAran86, Nov 2, 2005.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

According to Nintendo Power is going to be released December 12, 2005!

For those keeping track, this game was orinigally released on the SNES as Final Fantasy II

Fans of the series may know that the game released in NA was a 'weaker' version, with some story removed, and the difficulty level lowered.

Well, for this version, the difficulty level has been restored, along with the sceens and dialog cut from the SNES version!! (big plus for me as I love FFII)

Other additions are a Beastiary (like FF I & II Dawn of Souls), a music player, a training area, new interface design, and a exclusive 50 floor Dungeon!

I will most likely get this game, as I stated earlier, I love playing FF II... its my favorite FF game in the entire series, but thats not saying much as I have only played FF, FF II, FF III, and FF I & II DoS)

2. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Will this only be coming out for GBA? I too loved the early FF games but the later ones got a bit sci-fi for my taste and I quit playing them (I can hear the gasps about the sci-fi comment all the way over here :nod: )
    I could really see getting into a newer version of FF II but don't have a GBA and right now no intention of getting one. LOL the only hand held in this house is the origional GB :D

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

there was one released for the playstation a few years back... dont know if it will hold a candle to this version though...

I usually play my GBA games through the Gameboy player. its a little attachment that hooks to the bottom of the Gamecube that allows you to play them on your TV... my kids have GBA's, got them cheap for christmas one year, but I can also play it in my DS

I stopped playing them when I tried to play FF7... I really didnt like the 20 minute cinematics

4. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

Cinematics are awesome, but I don't think they should just be added to any series, as some series wern't originally built on long, player distancing, cutscenes, so fans of the series would feel a little left out.

Man, I am so tired

5. Spinlock

Spinlock Registered Member

Well, I'm here to report that this game is as great as the hype would have you believe. If only I could figure out what happened to my GBA with my copy of FFIV Advanced... :sick: