Final Fantasy Games Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Merc, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So here it is, for all you Final Fantasy fans, this is the discussion.

Which is the best?

Favorite character?

Favorite game (gameplay)?

Favorite game (story)?

Favorite game (overall)?

Which is the best?
    In my opinion, the best game out of the series is . . . Final Fantasy 7. Go ahead, hate me for picking it, but it's the most enjoyable, engaging, and fun game in the series for me.

Favorite character?
    A personal favorite of mine is Cloud, but I think my top favorite character is Tidus. He's a whiney bitch, yes, but the story he experiences is incredible and his character is developed really well.

I like the job systems in earlier Final Fantasy games, but I like the materia system in FF7 the best because it's simple, effective, and the best way to customize a character.

Favorite game (story)?
    I don't know which game I like more in terms of story, 7 or 10. I think both were outstanding and both will leave you at least with watery eyes after it's over.

Favorite game (overall)?
    7. Hands down.

2. patkick

patkick #21

Let me say this first, I have only played FF7 till FF12.

Which is the best?
    - For me it's Final Fantasy 7 but not by a big margin. Final Fantasy 9 and 10 are second on my list.

Favorite character?
    Vivi from Final Fantasy 9. He's shy, small but really powerful. Kinda like how people liked young Gohan in DBZ.

FF10, I really like the sphere grid. The battles were fun, challenging. And it was the first FF game I ever played.

Favorite game (story)?
    FF10-2, nah just kidding. FF7 was the best. I'd remember that I'd be reading for more than 30 minutes and still I wasn't bored at all. Yet I wanted to know more of the plot.

Favorite game overall
    I can't really decide. FF10 is good but so is FF7 as well.
    I'd rank it like this:
    1. FF10 and FF7
    2. FF9
    3. FF8

I'd still have to beat FF12. I'm at the luhsu mines right now.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Which is the Best?
    I thought Final Fantasy 8 was amazing, the story was awesome and I like the characters.

Favorite Character?
    Kimari from Final Fantasy X, though he didn't have a major roll in the game/story, he was one badass Ronso!

Faveorite Gameplay?
    I would say the new fighting system in FFX-2 was kind of cool, but I like the simple taking turns and fighting. Besides that everything else seemed the same.

Favorite Story?
    I would have to go with 10 again, they had so many twists adn turns, cliffhangers and it lead to a sequal!

Favorite Game?
    Final Fantasy 8

~Shwa'

4. Merc

Here's another question: what do you hate the most about the series (aside from horrible cosplaying and idiotic fan fiction)?

I couldn't stand FFX-2. I lost interest during the intro FMV and never played it again.

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Which is the best? In my opinion, FF7 was the best. I just have great memories as playing it when I was little and now that I’m older I still love it.

Favorite Character? Vincent Valentine, he was so BA in FF7. Ever since I found him in that coffin I’ve liked him. In a close 2nd would be Cloud/Sepiroth

Favorite game(gameplay)? Either FF12 or FF7. I liked the battle system in FF12 because there was no random battles but the gambit system is complicated/stupid. But I’ll say FF7 because it wasn’t complicated it was easy and fun.

Favorite game(story)? FF7 hands down. It’s what got me into the Final Fantasy series.

Favorite game(overall)? FF7. No contest.

What do you hate the most about the series? Random battles lol. I’ve never been a fan of those.

6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

>< God those are annoying, especially when you're out of supplies and you're desperately trying to find a damn Moogle or Sphere save point.

~Shwa'

7. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I've only played 7+ excluding 11.

Which is the best?
    12 was done the best. Just the fact that it's so huge and you can do anything makes it the top-dog.

Favorite character?
    It's a tie between Vincent and Vivi. Vincent because he's a fucking devil. Very mysterious, and there's a lot we don't know about him. The shotgun is a bonus too.

Vivi is a fucking god. He looks wicked cool and innocent. Turn you back on him though and he'll rape you in the ass with a doomsday.

The sphere grid from 10. Looked great, very easy to use and user friendly. Great level up system; and different. Also from 10, the aeon systems was developed brilliantly.

Favorite game (story)?
    10-X2. This story was so awesome they needed two games for it. Lots of aspects to the story and characters. Plot had tons of up and downs and I liked the character development.

Favorite game (overall)?
    I haven't talked much about this game, but I'd have to say 7. Many may say the graphics etc. suck, but look at when it was made! The graphics, story, characters, and battle system were way ahead of their time. Major props.

The things I dislike the most are the sick fanfics about Cloud and Sephiroth being lovers and some parts of the ability system in 9.

8. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

That brings back some bad memories lol. I don't think anyone complained when they took them out in 12(atleast I know I didn't). Hopefully they will continue to leave them out.

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Favorite character? Take a guess. I love Vincent alot. Notible mentions include Shadow from VI, Balthier from XII, and Auron from X.

Hmm. I really loved the materia system from VII. I quite enjoyed the battle system from X-2 depite its other shortcomings. I also really enjoyed the Tactics gameplay. It was a nice change of pace.

Favorite game (story)? Story is VII for me by far. I loved the characters and the epic story they were involved in.

Favorite game (overall)? Gotta be VII for me. It was just put together so damn well it's almost mind-boggling. I also really enjoyed Tactics and IX as well.

10. Merc

I didn't know vampires couldn't read!