Wii Final Fantasy creator to make "The Last Story"

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Some time last year, Nintendo filed a trademark or something for...well, back then, it was just something. The only hint of what it could be was that it was titled The Last Story. We now know what it is...or rather have an idea of what it is.

[​IMG]

The Last Story will be a collaboration between Nintendo and Mistwalker, the studio owned by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, who's previous works under this studio include Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon . Apparently, this is to be a new form of RPG, and will revolve around "universal feelings held by people," whatever that means.

But from what we can see from the title and image, it's not hard to speculate that this may end up to be somewhat similar to Final Fantasy. The name shares a similarity, and the situation is also somewhat similar to when Final Fantasy was released. In any case, a developer blog is expected sometime in March. For now, we can only stare at the website...which doesn't contain much besides Japanese text and some nice music.

Source: The Escapist & Andriasang

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'll defintiely be interested in following the progress of this game...thanks for posting about it, Storm.

3. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Yeah i laughed when i saw it...such an original title name coming from him -_-

4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Sooo.... It has the same name as Final Fantasy without the alliteration.

5. Nevyrmoore

I wonder if it's worth betting that we'll be seeing The Last Story XIII 23 years down the line?

6. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

xD Well i do think its going to be good. Lost Odyssey and blue Dragon were very good games.

But he could have been a bit more original, even the logo is similar to the FF series.

7. Nevyrmoore

So, we now have some concept art and a little bit of info about the story.

You can find the details here...if you can read Japanese.