• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Final Fantasy 7 or Kingdom Hearts

Which game do you think is better or you like more?

• Final Fantasy 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

Otacon

Kingdom Hearts. I love Final Fantasy VII. I played it. I beat it. Alot. Way more than I have either of the Kingdom Hearts games. I just like the combat and story better. I personally think that Final Fantasy VII has an absolutely terrible storyline (I have yet to find a Final Fantasy game aside for IV and VI to have a decent plot). Kingdom Hearts' storyline isn't really compelling stuff, but it's far more interesting to me than a guy who has amnesia that kills a badass dude to stop a meteor from crashing into the planet.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Both games were extremely good and rank high in my favorite games, but Final Fantasy 7 was just a little bit better when compared side by side. Plus, consider when it came out. In the late 90's. The game was so advanced for it's time.

B

Belcher

Final Fantasy 7's storyline was uncomparably better than Kingdom Heart's derivative babble. However the battle system of FF7 was subpar and generic, the only difference in characters was their limit breaks. Both are rather overrated by square fans, but storyline is more important than battle systems in RPGs in my mind.

O

Otacon

Belcher said:
Final Fantasy 7's storyline was uncomparably better than Kingdom Heart's derivative babble. However the battle system of FF7 was subpar and generic, the only difference in characters was their limit breaks. Both are rather overrated by square fans, but storyline is more important than battle systems in RPGs in my mind.
Like I said before, what's so awesome about a storyline that's about a guy who has amnesia who has to kill a badass to stop a meteor from destroying the planet?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Otacon said:
Like I said before, what's so awesome about a storyline that's about a guy who has amnesia who has to kill a badass to stop a meteor from destroying the planet?
. . . and what's so great about some whiney little kid who has to save the 'hearts' of the worlds and goes on an emo rampage? Disney worlds for that matter.

O

Otacon

It's not particularly great, but it sure beats the plots in most Final Fantasy games. It also has most of the cool FF characters, which ups it's appeal several times.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kind of funny how the characters in Final Fantasy games make Kingdom Hearts that much better.

B

Belcher

Otacon said:
As much as you might like to think the story line of ff7 was weak, it's better than the gand majority of rpgs, certainly one of the most creative things to come out of a company that ran out of original ideas in the mid 90's. Kingdom Heart's is not only the generic "small town kid has to save the world from a group of evil bad guys who happen to have the aformentioned small town kid's best friend on their side" game its environments are also just recycled disney cartoons.

O

Otacon

Belcher said:
As much as you might like to think the story line of ff7 was weak, it's better than the gand majority of rpgs, certainly one of the most creative things to come out of a company that ran out of original ideas in the mid 90's. Kingdom Heart's is not only the generic "small town kid has to save the world from a group of evil bad guys who happen to have the aformentioned small town kid's best friend on their side" game its environments are also just recycled disney cartoons.
When was the last time you saw Disney characters kick so much ass?

As for the creative side, yes, FFVII was much more original than most RPGs. That still doesn't make it a good storyline. Kingdom Hearts isn't that great, either, but the gameplay is far more fun.