• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Final Countdown as a staple?

O

OneVato

What does everyone think about putting Final Countdown in almost any deck type? I've always seen it in exodia stall or burn decks, and suddenly it hit me; as soon as I see this card, I get rushed and will sometimes jumble my strategy. So what if this card was put into any deck? Not for a card to win with, but just as a psychological card to throw their game off?

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I think in many deck types its a waste of a card that could be replaced with a card that actually helps your deck.

I

Ignazio

Its better to throw off your opponet's thinking stradegy cuz they will try to inflict damage as much as possible. Thats whrn you screw them over with traps and quick play spell cards.

G

Gotenks1215

no way. The other guy is right, in the time it takes to throw off your opponent and win, you could've already beaten them with a card that'd actually help you. 2000 LP's is a lot of LP's to pay in an aggressive deck like aggro, monarch control, things like that. It's also a dead draw unless you play it on the first turn. If you top this late game, you're dead as hell.

O

OneVato

Kos and Gotenks make a good point. In most decks it would be a waste of LP and a draw phase.

Altough, I think it would be a worthwhile card to side deck against stall decks. There are 2 exodia stall decks at my local tourney, so I think it may be fun to play the waiting game with them ^_^

Turbo

Registered Member
When this card first hit I was like "meh"; but the more I think about it and the more stall decks are appearing the better it is. Early to mid game it forces your opponent to rush you and/or waste their M/T removal to get rid of it. Late game its a good facedown decoy. Depending on the deck build this card could be game breaking.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Personally, if I want M/T Removal bait, I'll play Jar of Greed. Then I know I am guaranteed to get something out of it unless they have Jinzo or Royal Decree on the field.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Even if people were to splash it in that wouldn't make it a staple. Thats like saying Return From The Differnt Dimention is staple. While it's used by most cc decks that doesn't make it a staple. A staple is Mst and heavy storm. It's card like that that are staples.

M

MasterDeath

Final Countdown should only in stall decks. Everywhere else would mean life points lost for no for an effect which might never go off making you easier to be defeated. I know first hand when I was playtesting this card in various decks.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
MasterDeath said:
Final Countdown should only in stall decks. Everywhere else would mean life points lost for no for an effect which might never go off making you easier to be defeated. I know first hand when I was playtesting this card in various decks.
If Final Counddown were to be in stal decks then the question would be what kind of stall deck. Would it have Pyro Clock Of Destiney in it?