• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Films you didn't expect to like

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am currently watching "Remember Me", I know very little except the basic story line and am not sure how much I will enjoy it but I am willing to give it a go. I had the same feeling about "My Sisters Keeper", I really didn't know what to think of it at first and I thought I would hate it but by the end I loved it and at one point will likely buy it on DVD.

So what films have you found this with? What turned the film around for you?

shelgarr

Registered Member
The first Transformers. I haven't seen any other but the first. It was so action oriented toward boys. But I took my son nonetheless and I thought it was funny as well as great special affects.

BigBob

Registered Member
"The Princess and the Frog".

I wanted to punch my ex in the back of the head when she said that's what she wanted to see, but it wasn't half bad.

Another was "IP Man".

This movie sounded good, but I didn't think it would live up to what I was told it was. It is on Netflix so I think everyone should check it out. It's about the guy who trained Bruce Lee. It is all in Japanese and Chinese though, but there are subtitles.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
To me, it was my first non mainstream film that I saw, back in 2006 (when I was 15) entitled "L'Enfant". To put it (somewhat) simply, L'Enfant is about a petty thief, his girlfriend and their child. It was very very very good. I was not expecting to like it all because it was not a big mainstream film, let alone a foreign film!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I took Piper to see Tangled thinking that it would be absolutely terrible and it was honestly cute and funny. I was shocked.