• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Films Purchased

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Got some DVDs this week, thanks to Amazon, one re-bought because I stupidly got rid of it in the past.
What I got my mitts on:

The Devil's Advocate
Twin Town
Harry Brown
Fearless (Jet Li)
Kiss of Death
The Adjustment Bureau

Only watched one of 'em so far, The Adjustment Bureau which I gave 7.6 rating. It was all right, but hardly a mind-blowing piece of mind-blowing stuff.

And that film I had before The Devil's Advocate is cool, if memory serves I consider it rather underrated and would probably give it an 8.3 maybe a bit more.

Anyway, what you reckon to these films? You seen 'em? You like them?
What's your latest haul of films?

dDave

V.I.P.
The only one of those that I've seen is Fearless. I thought it was really quite an excellent film. I've only seen it once though and it has been a while, we rented it a long time ago. Maybe I'll have to get it, it would be worth watching again in my opinion.

I buy movies every once in a while. I prefer to shove out the extra cash for Blu-Ray. Some people think I'm crazy.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I would get Blu-Ray, but I'm poor ha.
DVDs are as good as anything, heck I'd stick with VHS if I could still watch films.

I haven't watched fearless again yet, I'm sure I've seen it but it was so long ago I have no idea what it was about or how good it is.

However I did just watch Harry Brown. I gave it a 7.7 quite good really and slightly relevant too, not bad, and Mr Caine gets to impart a bit of a cool monologue like he does in most films lately so that's good. I'm surprised he didn't say the word 'father' though. I swear over the last decade he's said that word eighty times in films.
He says that word very well indeed. Great actor.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Out of the ones you mentioned, I've seen Fearless and The Adjustment Bureau. It's been a while since I've seen either. I think I'd say The Adjustment Bureau was about a 7.5, and Fearless was about an 8.5, but I'd have to see them again for that to be a very meaningful statement.

I haven't bought any DVDs in a long time. I think the last one I bought was The Dark Knight (actually, it may have been a gift, now that I think about it. I don't remember). I usually just check movies out from the local library.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The only one I've seen is The Adjustment Bureau. I REALLY didn't like that movie. I don't remember why now, but I saw it at the cinema and remember not liking it.

I buy DVD's and blu-rays heaps, so often that I hardly even remember what I've bought recently.

I bought Death Proof and Batman Under the Red Hood recently on blu-ray.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Out of the ones you have listed, I've only seen The Devil's Advocate. I too think it's highly underrated. I love that film and for some strange reason, I've been thinking about it lately. Perhaps I should buy it and watch it again.

Konshentz

Konshentz
From your list, I've seen The Devil's Advocate & The Adjustment Bureau. The Devil's Advocate was decent, probably a 6.5-7 and The Adjustment Bureau was closer to a 7-7.5.

The last few movies I bought were Warm Bodies and The Bourne Legacy... both on Blu-ray.