Films on TV

First of all hello Very new here. I live in Bournemouth Southern England born 1951.

Can anyone tell me why With all the films that have been made by the movie industry. Do we have the same films repeated over and over again on our TV.

What is the politics behind this this please. we seen Die hard's and born supremacy ect so many times they are on every night. James Bond films are the worst offenders. That its really gone into overkill. Do they have to pay a lot of money to show them and want there return on their investments.

Thanks

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
They play movies that they know will get viewers. There's no politics behind it, dude, it's business. Those channels have to make money and they do so by showing more popular movies more often than movies that aren't as popular.

Yep.

If they show one and people dont watch, they stop. If they show one and people watch, they show it again and again untill people stop watching it.

Comedy Central does that all the time.

Turbo

Registered Member
it takes a long time for TV stations to gain permission to broadcast movies, basic networks are the last to get permission because there isn't much money to be gained from airing on networks anyone can get.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
They play movies that they know will get viewers. There's no politics behind it, dude, it's business. Those channels have to make money and they do so by showing more popular movies more often than movies that aren't as popular.
That's probably the best answer you're gonna get right there. Channels want ratings and to get ratings they have to show something. And for most cable/satellite channels it's cheaper to buy a couple of DIE HARDS and rerun 'em up the wazoo rather than create original content right out of the gate. That's why when a new station gets started all they'll show is reruns and movies.

I remember when TNT and TBS first got started they did nothing but rerun the same movies over and over. At one time me and my friends said that TBS stood for The Beastmaster Station because I swear, they showed that thing something like three times a day for the first year TBS was on the air.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I remember when TNT and TBS first got started they did nothing but rerun the same movies over and over. At one time me and my friends said that TBS stood for The Beastmaster Station because I swear, they showed that thing something like three times a day for the first year TBS was on the air.
That's hilarious because it's true! and TNT played Gone With the Wind over and over

DLFerguson

Registered Member
That's hilarious because it's true! and TNT played Gone With the Wind over and over
It got so you didn't even have to check TNT's schedule for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights because you knew they'd have two back to back showings of GONE WITH THE WIND