• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Filling Out

Danno

Registered Member
I've recently become a little concerned with my size. I'm 24 years old, 6 ft 1 and 154 pounds.

A few of you on here have seen me before through pictures on Facebook or whatever and it's safe to say I'm on the skinny side for a guy of my age.

So I'm wanting to fill out a little. People tell me that some people are just built like that, they reach a certain point and just stop growing. Well, I think thats bullshit, everyone has the ability to get bigger.

I'm not wanting to become muscly. I don't agree with gyms and I wont be going to one. I'd be quite happy with just a bit more of a belly on me.

Any advice or foods or any other ways to do this?

Reactions: Doc

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm afraid we are all a victim of our genetics but I bet when your older and your metabolism slows down you will gain weight. In the meantime all you can do is eat but I wouldn't recommend sacrificing healthy foods for foods that will put the weight on you.

Eating before I go to bed seems to cause me to gain weight.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm older than you are and about the same size, if not a little thinner even. For years people always told me I would fill out when I got older, but I never did. Not saying that'll definitely be the case for you, but it could be.

Try eating 4,000-5,000 calories per day. That has never worked for me, but it could work for you. If you don't put on any weight eating that much, then there might not be much more you can do.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
McDonalds breakfest
McDonalds lunch
McDonalds dinner

:D

But no yeah, you have to eat and eat and eat some more. What types of food? I can't say, I don't know.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Like others have said, you need to increase your intake of food - and you need to make sure you clear the plate. Fast foods are full of fat, but an easier (and cheaper) option is to increase the amount of carbohydrates you eat - potatoes, pasta, bread, that sort of thing - because the body uses carbs for instant energy instead of relying on fat reserves, so any extra fat intake is stored instead of burnt off.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
McDonalds breakfest
McDonalds lunch
McDonalds dinner
McDonald's breakfast is actually not a bad idea. Their Big Breakfast with Hotcakes is over 1,000 calories. Pretty tasty stuff, too. Good way to start off the day. Then just eat a few more 1,000 calorie meals the rest of the day and you're set. I would not recommend McDonald's for lunch or dinner though.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've recently become a little concerned with my size. I'm 24 years old, 6 ft 1 and 154 pounds.

A few of you on here have seen me before through pictures on Facebook or whatever and it's safe to say I'm on the skinny side for a guy of my age.

So I'm wanting to fill out a little. People tell me that some people are just built like that, they reach a certain point and just stop growing. Well, I think thats bullshit, everyone has the ability to get bigger.

I'm not wanting to become muscly. I don't agree with gyms and I wont be going to one. I'd be quite happy with just a bit more of a belly on me.

Any advice or foods or any other ways to do this?
If I were you then I honestly wouldn't be concerned about filling out. I'm 6' 2" tall and I weigh 170 pounds, pretty light for a guy my height (though comparatively not as light as you). The thing is that I really enjoy running distance, biking, hiking, etc. These things keep a person thin and don't built a ton of muscle all around the body.

You can beef up a bit with some muscle without getting ripped. The best way to accomplish this is to lift weights and get a diet with lots of carbs, proteins, things like that.

Gaining weight without building muscle is typically the result of an unhealthy lifestlye so I can't recommend just eating more.

Danno

Registered Member
Thanks for this guys I'll give your suggestions a go and see what happens