• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fighting your demons

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Demons, I think most everyone has them, I think most everyone has something inside them that either scares them or makes them worry. Or maybe it is something you live with on a daily basis that you are worried about and can never seem to get over. Now this is not an episode of confessions, please do not post anything you do not wish to be seen in the public eye of General Forum but do you have many or any demons.

I would ask that no-one come on and rip on anyone’s fears, if that occurs I will ask one of the mods to shut down the thread, this is about trying to help one another.

There are a few things in life I am still trying to get over and either never do again or try to stop. I need to stop getting so emotional, I need to stop making assumptions and jumping to the wrong ones, I want to stop relying or alcohol and actually enjoy it,
I never want to think about suicide or self harm again
, I want to one day come off medication entirely.

Its a long list and I have pretty much bared my soul for all to see and in I way I hope this will help me to get this all down.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Demons tempt me with certain things that would be detrimental to my family life. I'd rather not go further. Jesus Christ has power over all demonic, so they can tempt all they want. As long as I live a life close to Christ, I am ok.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am fighting them right now. Alcoholism is my demon and I think I have made that clear. It is tough. One of the toughest things that I ever had to do. I made the decision to stop. I don't have the cravings or urges to drink anymore, but I am now fighting another battle which is feeling lonely. After I quit drinking all my friends were like 'Congrats' 'good job'. But the reality was they didn't care. If they go out they don't want me there unless I drink. So I guess I have to drink to fit in. That's ok though. I now have two friends. lol. I honestly don't give a rats ass anymore. I have told some people here about this already and it is only fair to share this info just in case somebody else want to quit drinking. It's tough. The first step is to actually quit drinking, and the next step you have to accept losing friends. I don't expect people to feel sorry for me, and if they do I don't want to hear there empathy. All I know I physically feel great, and nothing but great things will happen to me from here on out. Thank you and have a nice day.

Taliesin

Registered Member
The demon on my back has always been depression. There have been many periods in my life when it has paralysed me into inaction. In fact, there have been many days when I almost didn't get out of bed.

If, at times, I annoy anyone here with my over-the-top silliness, then you have my sincere apologies. It's just one way in which I cope with my melancholy nature.

Ginock, this is a great idea for a thread.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Tony I love your over-the-top silliness. don't worry if it annoys anyone else.

My demons have to do with low self-esteem and self-worth. I'm my own worst critic, way too hard on myself, and when someone else has to correct me, I shut down. I have a deep-seated need to be perfect (despite what you might think, perfectionism is not about ego) and I don't handle not living up to my own impossible expectations very well.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Anger was my demon.

It started after the loss of my nan whom I was very close to.
I would bottle up all my emotions, sometimes for months at a time where they would turn into an anger.

As time went on, I started to get a hold of that demon, then I lost my sister and that tipped me over the edge once again.
The problem was that anger had to come out in some way, and more often than not it would emerge in a violent way.

Anger that cannot be controlled doubled with training in martial arts and boxing is not a good mix.
My life changed when my first child, my daughter, was put in arms, the anger that had been a part of me for so long just ebbed away.

I truly believe that had I not become a father, not created a life I would of ended up in prison for ruining someones life or worse.

That demon is still inside me, buried deep within, and over the past nine years I have built up defences to keep it there.
Sometimes brief flashes of that demon appear, and it scares the hell out of me, because now I have things to lose.

JiMMySnoW

Registered Member
Demons, I think most everyone has them, I think most everyone has something inside them that either scares them or makes them worry. Or maybe it is something you live with on a daily basis that you are worried about and can never seem to get over. Now this is not an episode of confessions, please do not post anything you do not wish to be seen in the public eye of General Forum but do you have many or any demons.

I would ask that no-one come on and rip on anyone’s fears, if that occurs I will ask one of the mods to shut down the thread, this is about trying to help one another.

There are a few things in life I am still trying to get over and either never do again or try to stop. I need to stop getting so emotional, I need to stop making assumptions and jumping to the wrong ones, I want to stop relying or alcohol and actually enjoy it,
I never want to think about suicide or self harm again
, I want to one day come off medication entirely.

Its a long list and I have pretty much bared my soul for all to see and in I way I hope this will help me to get this all down.
Wow what another great topic started by you, with this I thank you.

I too agree that everyone has their demons, or I like to define them as fears. But when reflecting back once over/faced up to these Demons/fears/temptations , one realises that it was these fears that brought about ones wisdom, by the lesson they created. So when reflecting back they end up being the experiences one ends most proud of but again this always depends on ones perception.

I don't like going to much into believe as I believe that we may all have too much believe installed to work with as it is, I don't despise any believe though, as it is such believe that brings about the appropriate lessons/wisdom for the one experiencing them. Some believes stay with us a whole life time with out ever being uninstalled, however there is much believe such as Alcohol that are installed as long as they are needed for the appropriate lesson to be learnt. I have had many demons or so call fears, but all of them I am proud of in a way, I have had the fear of needing alcohol not to the extreme as some beings, but I have let it rule me and so therefore can be counted as a demon that I have let rule me, always depending on your perception.

So as two beings in here mention alcohol as a demon which they recognize, I would like to leave my thoughts here on alcohol and what I have come to realize through facing such demons/fears.

When facing a demon or a fear the best thing I have learnt is to list the positives and the negatives as most would agree there are always apparently negative and positives points in any such believe.

So what was great about alcohol, well I like the way that I could drink and let myself go, not worry about the worry's and just enjoy the moment. I think this is the most strongest thing I get out of alcohol and that the fact that most beings on it do unwind and do get much benefit out of it. However I think the majority and I can agree on there are short term effects and long term effects in any believe.

I think the biggest negative thing about alcohol or drugs with that, is when we then become to depend on it. Because we realise that it is great not to worry and just be yourself, however when we then install this believe of needing it is when it can really take rule of ones life. Now again when reflecting back one will see it still isn't a problem in this sense as lessons are being played out for the entire time we think in this way, however some beings get stuck in this believe longer than others. Now the quickest way to uninstall unwanted believe such as 'the dependence of alcohol' is to ask plenty of questions, as it is questions that give the permission fore such believe installed to be broken/uninstalled.

Now this can be done by ones self asking the right question when in the correct state of mind, which is always the best route to experience or when experience forces us to question this believe, such as loosing loved ones through ones actions by the abuse of such substances.

Now here is one question that might be worth asking ones self

1. Why do I drink?
Well I think most beings use drink as an excuse to act differently, it can always be used as an excuse, is this not correct?

When we get down to the ‘nitty gritty’, you know when one has an excuse, one can ignore what other beings thinks of them and enjoy themselves with NO! worry. The biggest worry by the majority ironically is 'what the majority thinks about how one acts.' Which can be quite humorous when thought about in this way, which always depends on ones perception, perception being a power in its own right.

If one can go on their own feelings no matter what the majority thinks is a great state of mind/believe to be able to have. I know plenty of beings that have a stiff drink to power up ones confidence. Or there is the other use it has, one drinks to hide another problem knowing that the problem will always come back once sobered up, however enjoys that moment/NOW. Aaah! The joys of not having to worry = piece of mind. This is a hard path to take! But I can assure anyone on it, you will eventually benefit from the lessons it brings :).

I suggest not ignoring any 'one-self' problems though as doing this can create more problems/lessons. What ever your reasons the truth is we don't really need it do we, we just choose to think this way for our own lessons to be created. I think that if one really wants to sort out ones problems, is to face up to them and ask plenty of questions, there are plenty of beings that have battled such problems/Demons/Fears and these will always have the best wisdom to gift you. As they have been through it.

Although I can say I have not become the term 'Alcoholic'. I have been up close to see what effect it can have, now the amount is not question in my eyes. Its when the taking it starts to effect loved ones or effect other beings in a hurtful way (which is usually the close loved ones, as you will find it is the loved ones that stick around and can seem like the annoying ones whilst experiencing such lessons, can't it?).

When this is happening! I think this is when the problem is created for the lessons to be learnt. Believe me when acting in this way, there is lessons being dished out to everyone you come in contact with. With this in mind, if you are hurting loved ones then its their choice in letting it have that effect on them, as they could easily leave. Ignorance of the lessons being dealt will just bring about more appropriate/harder lessons which brings even greater wisdom. 'Bashar' describes it as the rubber band analogy (which can be searched on YouTube) With this in mind a tough lesson is dished out and that is 'forgiveness'. Start by forgiving ones self.

What have I learnt through all my demons/fears? That I don't actually need anything, the only thing I have ever needed was limitation. Alcohol is one of those demons that serves this purpose of limitation and therefore can be looked positively in this way in its own right. I think that if one can over come what other people think of them and act how one feels, rather than trying to hide it by carrying out such acts as solving problems with the bottle.

This is when ones true abundance will come and that demon has served its purpose. Ha-Ha easy for me to say, yes I can agree on a certain extent on this saying 'easier said than done'. But it is also fair to state when reflecting back at any problem, one soon learns that there was never a problem and the problem was created by ones self, or by the majority having the ability to effect one into install such unwanted believe of a problem, but as I state there was never a problem and the problem created was OK! Because of the lessons/wisdom it brought about, end result being no problem but great wisdom, so what's your apparent problem? :D. It’s all good and I don't feel sorry for such beings receive apparent problems/believe/lessons, as I know that reality can appear challenging and has the ability to create such problems/believe. As I too have let these all effect me to get the wisdom and knowing I now confidently believe I have. However we must remind ones self not to get stuck in any believe and to keep open minded and with such power of knowing comes great responsibility especially when dealing with ones ego! :)

With this in mind lets look back at all problems! We all get through them don't we? I can only suggest that maybe by changing ones perception of a problem, by changing ones perception on reality, by changing ones perception in any negative experience can soon learn that this apparent Demon, fear, problem, lesson what ever your current perception, is that it is a form of love, love being a believe that I believe is the building block to having an enjoyable life.

I state in an article "believe it or not" which I wrote when I came to my own realization through the apparent demons/problems/negative experiences/Fears. I stated about love within it the following,
"I believe in all possibilities with the building block of love.....I was asked to give my opinion on such beings in apparent power, such networks as the Illuminati! My opinions are they are living in the fear side of love, they are getting love. Believe me when I state that it is this love that will bring them to their own realization. Love is all! When choices are not wise, Love brings about appropriate lessons for us to learn, and it is always there, to guide us. When we learn, it is there to congratulate us and to make us feel wonderful. Love is life! Love is being. Loves believe within, which is the building block, from what ever perception. Love is energy and can be felt in infinite ways."
with this I thank this forum for such an enjoyable night and what intended for me to exercise my own demon 'BOREDOM'. However resulted in me having much experience of joy, as I get much excitement of writing and helping. The thought that I might achieve both, brings about abundance for me and has resulted in myself stating enough thought to generate another article which is always a big accomplishment. I finish by stating a message that I gift to all which I offer out as a friend invitation which really is an invitation and there for anyone to enjoy/accept.

My humble greeting to you friend, what I feel I gift, and I thank you for your contributions of light, love and light energy from me to you. Light being perceived as wisdom but to what degree always depends on your perception. You know you receive it when you Feel it as you read my words, words being magic, the effect being my wisdom, believe being awareness, love being the building block with a 360 degree perception, it travels further however = believe= thought= my free will to choose this believe and not force it upon anyone. Feel my magic or not it is your free will to chose. I can open heartily state to you what ever you do feel my intent was for you to generate the healing energy of love and light and again I thank you again for being

Last edited:

JiMMySnoW

Registered Member
I have a deep-seated need to be perfect
vans,shoes,usa
Haha this thought does make me smile, one perception can be that we are all perfect as well as all unique,

so my reply to this would be you don't need to seek it as you already are, but realizing it I think only comes once one listens to ones self through the tools we are gifted such as feelings. By getting feelings and then acting on them with out caring what the majority thinks.

I think that the fact that it was at least as late as the 15th century when the majority thought the earth was flat. Shows how the majority can become very delusional, and from my own research are still very delusional.

But how boring would it be if we all agreed. But when researching on the majority perception through out history even up until today would safely advise this is not a great thought to rely on.

This topic as I stated benefited me greatly by the thought generated from it
featured here, might even encourage more friendly visitors to this great forum.
Fighting ones demons / fears / problems! - YouTube

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm my own demon lol. Um, depression and insanity are my biggest hurdles. No matter how good things are going for me, sometimes I can't help but feel sad and down. I've been on medication before, but it doesn't help much for me. Either I need super uber doses, or its just not that kind of depression. Basically as long as I keep myself busy, and doing things like making stupid videos, posting on here, watching sports, going out with friends etc etc, then life doesn't seem pointless. Now that I have a job, it'll be even better again.

As far as insanity goes, well, I'm not really insane lol. However, sometimes I feel like I might be on the verge. Sometimes I'll just get stupid and weird about things. Both my father and my older brother are pretty much hermits with bi-polar like emotions and are weird. One of my biggest worries is losing my hold on reality and falling into their world of false conceptions.

It's a good worry though, I think, because it drives me to take steps to avoid that happening. Keeping my mind active, keeping in touch with people, and making sure I keep the right friends and people in my life. Keeping in touch with my family, and despite not liking it, listening and hearing out the advice of friends, even if I don't always agree. When I least feel like dealing with people, is when I force myself into huge crowds lol.

So yah lol, I am my own demon sometimes.

JiMMySnoW

Registered Member
I'm my own demon lol. Um, depression and insanity are my biggest hurdles. No matter how good things are going for me, sometimes I can't help but feel sad and down. I've been on medication before, but it doesn't help much for me. Either I need super uber doses, or its just not that kind of depression....... I am my own demon sometimes.
I think that you couldn't me more correct, accept rather better stated as 'I am my only demon perhaps.'

I think we are all our own demons, as we have the free will to choose how anything affects us. I think that it is a tough time mentally to be born into... where as the middles ages of history was more physically challenging, as a majority we have conquered it physically, now we are in the ages of mentally conquering our reality.

which is the main thing that has the ability to make life seem so tough. I can only state that you are not alone, but I am sure you already know this by the way I read what you state.

I have some suggestions that may help, research into 'the power of attraction' and what ever you choose, science proves 'the 100th monkey effect.'

I think that abundance is a strong word and should be looked into :). Also I can state its my believe from my own research, that there're allot of beings that have conquered this reality mentally. This should give you much hope if you were to research into 'the 100th monkey effect'

love and light, light being perceived as wisdom :p