Fighting in school

Iris

rainbow 11!
Remember the good ol where we could fight, and the first person to throw a punch would get into trouble, not everyone involved.

Why?

Seriously, I wanna be able to defend myself and not worry about being suspended or worse.

My sister and I were talking about a fight she got into once, she didn't throw the first punch and didn't get into trouble. Yet, my friend last year didn't even hit back after she was hit. She tried walking away. Then finally she gave in after being hit like three times and kicked some ass. Yet they both got into trouble.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I think it depends on what teachers you have because in the end they make the decision. They all have different views on fighting and self defense.

Iris

rainbow 11!
No, it's not the teachers. At least not in the states. If you fight, it's school policy to discipline you, no matter if you started it or not.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
You live in America. Half the country believes in self defense and half the country believes in authority. Just matters which half you're living in.

Explains it all.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Here in the south it doesn't mater who threw the first punch you both get suspended or ISS.

Way back when I was in school I got suspended a few times for fighting (I never started them but I sure as hell finished them) even got ISS for not stooping a fight. Still can't figure that one out.

Now a days some schools will even go as far as having the two parties arrested (due to the Columbine thing) I have seen that happen a few times too.

As the years go by most schools have a zero tolerance rule and both parties get suspended or ISS.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I understand no tolerance, but what if a teacher can't get through the huge crowd gathered around the people fighting, and one kid decides to not fight back at first, but by the time he/she needs to, the other kid already has the advantage of a few punches. So who's to say that there wouldn't be any serious injuries, to the point of death?

i know death is extreme, but I have seen some bad fights. I remember a few years ago I walked out of math, only to see one girl walk up to another, and slam her head into the brick wall.

padd

Registered Member
Well in high school there was always fights between the blacks and the whites.. people got expelled because those [racist word removed] made such a big deal out of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Remember the good ol where we could fight, and the first person to throw a punch would get into trouble, not everyone involved.

Why?

Seriously, I wanna be able to defend myself and not worry about being suspended or worse.

My sister and I were talking about a fight she got into once, she didn't throw the first punch and didn't get into trouble. Yet, my friend last year didn't even hit back after she was hit. She tried walking away. Then finally she gave in after being hit like three times and kicked some ass. Yet they both got into trouble.
I don't think it matters how long it took to retaliate, it's the fact that she did retaliate that matters.
In a court of law, they only time you can hit someone back in self defence is when your life is in danger. I know this because someone punched me, and I beat the living shit out of him for doing it, and I ended-up in court over it. My defence was that he was much, much bigger than me, and if he carried on, then damage would have been done, so I stopped him, then I got the rant 'You can restrain someone, but you can't assault them back unless your life is in danger.'

When I was in School, we used to fight all the time, one-on-one and rival [School] gangs... ... ... fun at the time, but pretty stupid when I think of it, especially the poor people that got scarred for life.
------
Well in high school there was always fights between the blacks and the whites.. people got expelled because those monkeys made such a big deal out of everything.
Who were the monkeys?
... ... ... ... ... ...

Last edited:

wolfheart

Registered Member
I was bullied in school in the first year,could never work out how i could be in trouble for having the shit kicked out of me by a bunch of kids older than myself.

After the first year i had started to learn how to defend myself,if i got in a fight i would hit back,would still get in trouble but at least i was getting in trouble for more than just bleeding in school.

We would get detensions,letters sent home to parents and in some cases students were expelled,but that could take months to happen.
My nephew and two nieces now attend the same school,if they get in a physical altercation now its immediate suspension.

Ever since I was in elementary school whoever was swinging on someone was getting suspended, first punch or no. And the only time I've ever been suspended was for fighting back in 10th grade.

I personally don't get why schools punish you for defending yourself, like if someone hits you they encourage you to be a bitch, because I was always taught that if someone punches or puts their hands on you once and you do nothing they'll think it's okay to do it again.