Fighting for your country?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Lets say World War III starts tommorow and the Government came knocking on your door asking you if you wanted to fight for your country and participate in World War III. You make the decision, your allowed to say yes and your allowed to say no. What would be your answer?

Personally I would say no, I don't believe in War and I rather not risk my life fighting something stupid like War and something I don't believe in.

What about you guys?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

If I could sleep at night knowing that the effort I give helped save my family and a few other countrymen.... then yeah I'd have no issue risking my life to defend my country.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My country is better off without me in the frontlines, lol. Having a world war just reminds me that life is short (and risks to be shorter in the event of war related deaths)...I'd rather spend time with my family.

4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

My answer would depend on the war. If the enemy is knocking on the gates, sure. If we are just taking land for say, oil, then fight your own damn war.

Matriqulated likes this.
  5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I'd say no. I already tried to enlist in the Army and they called me a liar and a pothead. So I told them to shove my contract up their ass and signed out. It wasn't a pleasant experience even being a recruit.

Matriqulated likes this.
  6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

For the sake of the discussion let's say there is some sort of enemy alliance that brings the war to American soil in a hostile military situation. Then I'd serve for my country without hesitation.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Defending your country is so important, if enough people just say "oh I'll let other people do that" then they are just screwing their country.

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" (I forget who says that)

I would say yes, your entire country is more important than yourself alone and some people just need to get over that.

Jakey-D likes this.
  8. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Ditto that.

John F. Kennedy did.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

If my country will be in a situation of war like the wars of 1947-8,1967,1973 etc. then I would do my best to help out if they needed me.. because it will come down not to my country's existance but to the individuals' existance in the country, which includes me.

Bananas likes this.
  10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Pretty much what Corona said. i don't feel like reiterating what he said.

Vegito728 likes this.