Fight or Flight

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Natural instincts are to either fight or flee in a conflict situation.
What do you do? Do you fight and claw your way out of a situation or do you rather ignore the situation in hopes that it would blow over?

k3rm0r

Registered Member
It depends on the situation. If i know infront the fight is lost. i'll withdraw and fight it when i got better knowlegde and "strength". If it's something i'm patentioned abouth or is able to controll then i'll fight.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I appreciate a good fight when it is needed (like currently at work), but if I can avoid it, I tend to at least try and steer clear from it. But when I do get pushed into a corner, I will come out fighting... I got that from my mother (happy youth, as you can imagine...).

Poetosis

Registered Member
From a young age, and probably till the present, it has always been flight for me.

Whether passing it off as ignoring someone or actually vanishing if situations get dangerous, I find that I do not want to get involved.

Unity

Jedi Master
Staff member
Hmm I can't really decide one way or the other. I'm a peaceful guy so my instinct is towards flight, but that doesn't mean I avoid conflict, especially of an intellectual nature.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I heard that there are four reactions: fight, flight, flirt, or freeze. Personally, I freeze. When faced with something that scares or intimidates me, I stop and cannot force myself to move back or forwards.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I typically will run in most situations, typically if it involves anything that could possibly get myself hurt or heavily injured.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It depends on the situation of course, but if it came down to it I would only fight if I feel it is necessary.