Fight or Flight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by idisrsly, Apr 5, 2010.

1. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Natural instincts are to either fight or flee in a conflict situation.
    What do you do? Do you fight and claw your way out of a situation or do you rather ignore the situation in hopes that it would blow over?

2. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

It depends on the situation. If i know infront the fight is lost. i'll withdraw and fight it when i got better knowlegde and "strength". If it's something i'm patentioned abouth or is able to controll then i'll fight.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

It really depends on the situation. But I think normally I would fight.

4. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I appreciate a good fight when it is needed (like currently at work), but if I can avoid it, I tend to at least try and steer clear from it. But when I do get pushed into a corner, I will come out fighting... I got that from my mother (happy youth, as you can imagine...).

5. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

From a young age, and probably till the present, it has always been flight for me.

Whether passing it off as ignoring someone or actually vanishing if situations get dangerous, I find that I do not want to get involved.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Hmm I can't really decide one way or the other. I'm a peaceful guy so my instinct is towards flight, but that doesn't mean I avoid conflict, especially of an intellectual nature.

7. Facepalm

Facepalm Registered Member

It depend on my mood and the situation I'm in, really.

8. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I heard that there are four reactions: fight, flight, flirt, or freeze. Personally, I freeze. When faced with something that scares or intimidates me, I stop and cannot force myself to move back or forwards.

9. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I typically will run in most situations, typically if it involves anything that could possibly get myself hurt or heavily injured.

10. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It depends on the situation of course, but if it came down to it I would only fight if I feel it is necessary.