FIFA World Cup : Group H (HO/CH/SP/SW)

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by idisrsly, May 21, 2010.

?

Which of the Group H teams do you predict to go through to the top 16?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2010.
  1. Honduras

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chile

37.5%
  3. Spain

100.0%
  4. Switzerland

62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

This thread is for all discussions of Group H games only. Below you can find the schedules for Group E rounds as well as a handy link where you can find more info on all FIFA matches and updates.

Please note that the match times below are local South Africa times (GMT +2). The link provided has an option where you can revert these times to your local time.

Get your vote in on which two teams you predict to go through to the top 16 before the poll closes.

Match Date-Time Venue
    15 16/06 13:30 Nelspruit Honduras Chile
    16 16/06 16:00 Durban Spain Switzerland
    31 21/06 16:00 Port Elizabeth Chile Switzerland
    32 21/06 20:30 Jo'burg Ellis Park Spain Honduras
    47 25/06 20:30 Tshwane/Pretoria Chile Spain
    48 25/06 20:30 Mangaung/Bloem Switzerland Honduras

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Match Updates
    FIFA.com

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Venues / Stadiums
    FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup? - Destination South Africa

After the group rounds, all discussions on further games will continue in the exiting FIFA thread.
    http://www.generalforum.com/football-soccer/2010-fifa-world-cup-thread-66177.html

[​IMG]

Let's get the discussions going!

Last edited: May 23, 2010

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Spain will definitely finish with 9 points. Second place will be close between Chile and Switzerland. I'm gonna go with the Swiss.

3. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Spain is my favorite for the finals with Brazil. I am sure they will fly through the group rounds. I think Chile and Switzerland will be a close call... but Chile will take it, I think!

storm_ina_C_cup likes this.
  4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Honduras is still counting their lucky stars for being in this spot so I dont see how they come up with anything more then maybe a draw.

Spain is an easy pick but I went with the Swiss for the other one because I have some Swiss blood in me haha.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I pick Spain for obvious reasons and Swiss because I'm diplomatic. :rolleyes:

hahaha

6. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Spain will cruise the group and I think Chile will join them in the last sixteen.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Spain is a given in this group, easiest group out of them all to be honest. Chile will come second place.

8. jack3456

jack3456 Registered Member

Difficult one to predict. Spain obviously. They may qualify with max. points and so shorten their favourite odds. By contrast Honduras won't get a point. The Swiss might have a chance, but apart from 1954 have no World Cup pedigree, so I'm predicting Chile will join the Spanish in the last 16.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Chile vs Honduras today and Spain vs the Swiss. I don't think Honduras will score a signle goal, so my prediction for that game is 1-0 for Chile.

Then I'm still on the fence on the score for the Spaniards and the Swiss. I think Spain will win the game because they're on a hot streak(only losing one game in 49 tries) So I say that they win 2-0.

10. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Judging from the amount of replies, this group must be the least popular :stare:

I'm excited for chile's game today. I have lots of friends from there, so I hope they do well this cup!
    My friend says the players to note are Valdivia on midfield and a young dude called Sanchez up front.

Honduras... I've never seen playing before. :confused: