FIFA World Cup : Group F (IT/PA/NZ/SL)

Which of the Group F teams do you predict to go through to the top 16?

• Total voters

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This thread is for all discussions of Group F games only. Below you can find the schedules for Group E rounds as well as a handy link where you can find more info on all FIFA matches and updates.

Please note that the match times below are local South Africa times (GMT +2). The link provided has an option where you can revert these times to your local time.

Get your vote in on which two teams you predict to go through to the top 16 before the poll closes.

Match Date-Time Venue
11 14/06 20:30 Cape Town Italy Paraguay
12 15/06 13:30 Rustenburg New Zealand Slovakia
27 20/06 13:30 Mangaung/Bloem Slovakia Paraguay
28 20/06 16:00 Nelspruit Italy New Zealand
41 24/06 16:00 Jo'burg Ellis Park Slovakia Italy
42 24/06 16:00 Polokwane Paraguay New Zealand

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Match Updates
FIFA.com

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Venues / Stadiums
FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup? - Destination South Africa

After the group rounds, all discussions on further games will continue in the exiting FIFA thread.
http://www.generalforum.com/football-soccer/2010-fifa-world-cup-thread-66177.html

Let's get the discussions going!

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only voted for one country in this group, that would be Italy. The reason that I didn't vote for a second one is because I don't know much about them, so I felt it would be unfair for me to vote for a team that I haven't seen much of.

Even though I don't know much about the other countries, I do believe the Italians will go undefeated in this group.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Definitely Italy and Paraguay. Paraguay finished just one point behind Brazil, and ahead of Argentina, in the South American qualification. They're a quality squad.

New Zealand won't win a point, and maybe not even score a single goal. Their qualification is kind of a joke.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Again, I agree Italy is the strongest team in this group. I nearly went with New Zealand as my second choice, but that would have been more wishful thinking. Paraguay has the potential to go really far in this WC, imo. They really have been playing brilliantly.

I'm excited for this groups rounds actually!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Definitely Italy and Paraguay. Paraguay finished just one point behind Brazil, and ahead of Argentina, in the South American qualification. They're a quality squad.

New Zealand won't win a point, and maybe not even score a single goal. Their qualification is kind of a joke.
Yep, what Echoes said. Italy and Paraguay for me too. I don't like the Italians to win the WC but I'll give them first round.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It's the first time we've even made it past qualifications in like 20 years or something, so i'm agreeing with you that we won't get any further. Our football team sucks, i'm actually shocked we made it this far.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's the first time we've even made it past qualifications in like 20 years or something, so i'm agreeing with you that we won't get any further. Our football team sucks, i'm actually shocked we made it this far.
That's because Australia used to be in your qualification group, but they moved to Asia. Now the Oceania group has nobody to compete with New Zealand.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Obviously Italy will coast this group, even though their form has been indifferent, they should have little trouble with what seems a simple group.

I think Paraguay will also qualify but I've seen slovakia play recently and they cannot be taken for granted after an impressive qualification.