FIFA World Cup : Group D (GE/AU/SE/GH)

Which of the Group D teams do you predict to go through to the top 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This thread is for all discussions of Group D games only. Below you can find the schedules for group C rounds as well as a handy link where you can find more info on all FIFA matches and updates.

Please note that the times below are local South African times (GMT +2). The link provided has an option where you can revert these times to your local time.

Get your vote in on which two teams you predict to go through to the top 16 before the poll closes.

Match Date-Time Venue
7 13/06 20:30 Durban Germany Australia
8 13/06 16:00 Tshwane/Pretoria Serbia Ghana
21 18/06 13:30 Port Elizabeth Germany Serbia
24 19/06 16:00 Rustenburg Ghana Australia
39 23/06 20:30 Jo'burg Soccer City Ghana Germany
40 23/06 20:30 Nelspruit Australia Serbia

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Match Updates
FIFA.com

Official FIFA 2010 Website : Venues / Stadiums
FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup? - Destination South Africa

After the group rounds, all discussions on further games will continue in the existing FIFA thread.
http://www.generalforum.com/football-soccer/2010-fifa-world-cup-thread-66177.html

Let's get the discussions going!

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Germany is obvious, and is my pick to make it to the end or close to it. Ghana has a strong team as well. Serbia and the Aussies aren't even in their league.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This one was a little harder, obviously Germany was an easy pick even without Ballack, but I chose Australia as my second pick over Ghana. I think the Aussies will play really well in this World Cup and might surprise a few people.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This group could end up so many different ways. I think it'll be Germany and Australia. Don't sleep on the Socceroos.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I actually noticed that I am very supportive of a lot of the African Countries. I went with Germany and Ghana. I don't think Germany is near as strong as they were in 2002 though, but they are still an amazing team. Ghana has been playing very well too, so i think they will take it over Aus!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Germany and Ghana. G and G, :lol: Germany just because they're usually a good team. We'll see how the absence of Ballack will affect them.

I remember Ghana winning their WC games last year to reach round 2 in a group where there's Italy and US. Of course they couldn't beat Brazil, lol.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
This is arguably the most open group.

All four teams could potentially and well within the odds of football actually top the group.

You'd have to say Germany are the most likely to do so. Second place is very difficult to decide.

I'll say Ghana, though Australia and Serbia could so easily qualify aswell.

Tough group.