• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Futbol/Soccer FIFA corruption charges

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
http://www.espnfc.com/world-cup-soc...t-over-24-years-says-us-department-of-justice

U.S. prosecutors say they have uncovered a dozen different schemes while investigating corruption at FIFA, the world football body -- and that some of those schemes involved the awarding of the 2010 World Cup to South Africa.

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said at a news conference that bribery and corruption have been marring the sport for at least 24 years as FIFA officials solicited bribes from sports marketing firms and others surrounding its marquee events.
This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.

I still think they should re-vote on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's about damn time someone goes after them

I'd call for a re-vote as well

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just heard about this on TV. I hope they prosecute anyone involved. I think there should be a re-vote as well. Maybe they should take to cup away from anyone that got it by bribes.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Just 4 words - Spartak and Otkrytie Arena. Ive never been all over International football.
So yeah, good on them if they can stop all the corruption in their International "club" but I dont seriously believe they can.
But the World Cup thing did cause a lot of awesome new stadiums so Im all happy about that! :D But forget FIFA. They can have their next World Cup in Yemen if they want to and I dont care. Or maybe Iraq LOL!

Btw Blatter resigned. Good on him but if he really loved football he never woulda joined FIFA.
Blatter resigns from the corrupt FIFA club

Wherever they have the next World Cups I wont be watching. No way they can ever keep all the corruption and politics out of International games.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
On Wednesday, the partially blacked out transcript of the November 2013 guilty plea of Chuck Blazer, a U.S. citizen and FIFA executive committee member from 1997 to 2013, showed that Blazer and others in FIFA agreed to accept bribes in bidding for the 1998 and 2010 World Cups and other tournaments.
Blazer went on to say in his plea hearing that from 2004 and through 2011 "I and others on the FIFA executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/03/us-soccer-fifa-idUSKBN0OI22P20150603

*Tosses official 2010 World Cup ball into the trash*

My decision about not watching the 2018 and 2022 World Cups has changed up But if the FBI doesnt find any corruption in those bids then the colors I will be wearing will also change up.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now we know why some questionable places get to host the world cup.

I can't believe Blatter couldn't have known this it went on so much.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Now we know why some questionable places get to host the world cup.

I can't believe Blatter couldn't have known this it went on so much.
I totally do believe that Blatter knew what was happening and that investigation shouldnt stop till all the corruptions uncovered. Imo they should be investigating all the International sports clubs. Theres probaly lots of corruption in the other ones too.

And dont forget they only arrested 14 people but 133 countries voted for Blatter. So yeah a lot of those countries probaly voted for the wrong reasons - like money.

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
Staggering arrogance and corruption.

'Buying' the World Cup looks like the norm.

Absolutely no qualms about the World Cup going to parts of the world it has never been before, but the process should be fair and honest.

Russia and Qatar? The latter looks especially questionable. You cannot play football in the 50 degree heat of an Arabian summer. There is also the question of the welfare of the fans too.
But nobody seemed to have considered this. Even though they had four years to think about it!

If there was corruption, they should be stripped of the honour. England have the stadiums and infrastructure to step in at short notice. Though I think Australia would be a better choice. The World Cup has never been to that part of the world and they did a great job of the Olympics and Commonwealth Games.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.
I guarantee you FIFA isn't the only organization linked to international sport that is corrupt. I'm betting they all are. FIFA just got caught. If there's money to be made in the shadows, then that's where the real business is going to take place. Everything else is just a front.

- Cham

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blatter to big, huge sponsor: Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-10-02/blatter-wont-resign-says-lawyer/

"While Coca-Cola is a valued sponsor of Fifa, Mr Blatter respectfully disagrees with its position and believes firmly that his leaving office would not be in the best interest of Fifa nor would it advance the process of reform and therefore he will not resign," the statement said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crouton Video Games 10
sunrise Video Games 4
Vidic15 Video Games 6
Millz Football / Soccer 5
Pugz Football / Soccer 6